StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I'm returning to this forum because I just put a deposit on a 2018 V-Strom 1000XT model. For 5 years I owned a 2012 Wee Strom that I absolutely LOVED, but decided to sell it because I got the itch for something new. However, about a year ago, I had the opportunity to test-ride a 2015 V-Strom 1000 and I was super-impressed with it's smoothness, stability, and power.

Looking forward to gleaning gobs of useful information from you guys about how to make my new bike even better. (I'm not sure when I'm going to pick up the new bike as its over 300 miles away...but the sales price was impossible to say "no" to!!)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I'm 53 years old and I've owned over 36 motorcycles in my life (however, I kept the Wee for over 5 years...so that's some kind of record for me). Actually, I replaced it with a 2017 Honda CRF250L Rally that I've LOVED (and will keep alongside the Vee). Vee will be for my 250+ mile days (anything less than 250 miles, the Rally can comfortably handle). My longest day on the Rally has been 378 miles...not bad for a small thumper.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome from New England! Looking to retire to Seneca, SC this Summer/Fall. I too purchased a 2018 1000XT. I hope we can connect later this year for some rides in what looks to be a spectacular riding area.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts