StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just was the recipient of yet anothe performance award this past Sunday morning in Vermont on route 100 just south of Killington VT. 54 in a 35 in the middle of nowhere. I firmly believe I may have been doing 45 tops. 2 up with my wife on board on my Gold Wing. One hundred and seventy three dollar fine. He didn;t want to hear anything. It was like a motorcycle toll. It's summer up their & their are no skiers up their. They are hungry foe money. Watch your butt.

·
Premium Member
2,981 Posts
I got a "well deserved" and "hard earned" Award 2 summers ago here in Dixie.........Harpersville, Al.......Hyway 25.......6:30AM on a sunny Friday morning....on the way to work..........out in the middle of no-where.......cottonfields on both sides of the little 2-lane road......on my "Beast" (2003 SV1000S). I was "feeling my cheerios" and decided to run it up thru the gears (testing out my new smaller front sprocket, Remus Exhausts, air-box mod, and TRE mod).......backed off at 100mph (only took a few seconds to get there). As I was slowing down I saw a black Chrysler sitting under a big old oak tree at the edge of the left cotton field......he pulled out after I passed and gave me the "Blue Light Special". Clocked at 93mph in a 55 zone.......pizzed in my cheerios.....Ouch!! Had to attend court, I pleaded guilty, my first citation in 32 yrs, 55 yrs old, and asked if it could be reduced to Speeding instead of Reckless Driving. They did, the Judge scolded me, and I paid $500.........and no points on my license. I sold the Sv1000S a few months later and bought the Wee650 to slow down and smell the roses during my rides.........

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
Just was the recipient of yet anothe performance award this past Sunday morning in Vermont on route 100 just south of Killington VT. 54 in a 35 in the middle of nowhere. I firmly believe I may have been doing 45 tops. 2 up with my wife on board on my Gold Wing. One hundred and seventy three dollar fine. He didn;t want to hear anything. It was like a motorcycle toll. It's summer up their & their are no skiers up their. They are hungry foe money. Watch your butt.
I don't think they report it to your home state, though?

·
Registered
988 Posts
I don't think they report it to your home state, though?
OH, Yeah, they do. . . and your insurance company.

I got nabbed in my old VW Passat on a Kansas 2 lane for 72 in a 65. But I was happy, 'cuz about 2 miles prior I was bouncing on 135. Boy, that was a great car.

·
Registered
664 Posts
As I understand it (at least how it was last time I got an out of state ticket) it's a matter of what your home state does, not whether the ticketing state informs them.

New York didn't used to check, but may now, other states have always followed up to add points to your license accordingly.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yea I just paid a local city ticket $209.00 going 67 in a 45 in a large 4 lane everyone drives 60+ on that road. I was speeding so my bad... still sucks

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts

I got nabbed in my old VW Passat on a Kansas 2 lane for 72 in a 65. But I was happy, 'cuz about 2 miles prior I was bouncing on 135. Boy, that was a great car.
I am speaking specifically about Vermont. Do you have personal experience with Vermont?

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Whether it gets reported or not depends on the two states involved. I can tell you for sure that DUI arrests in NJ make it back to Massachusetts (not me, thank you) but suspensions to operate in Maine do not make it back to Massachusetts. A ticket from NH never made it back either.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Shouldn't this be in the Off Topic forum...? :confused:
Not really, my point was to make those that are planning to attend the upcoming Strom event in VT that VT is hungry for the revenue.

·
Registered
6,663 Posts
My question about statey VS townee

My routed ride is North of Killington but many should take that part of rt 100 to get to Campsite Gaysville. (suggested route will be published soon). Except for the area around rt 89 I never see LEO's on the roads of the ride.
You will be briefed.

I expect town cops in Ludlow (Okemo)
ALL OF Wilminton (MT. Snow) and STOWE IS A SPEED TRAP AND YOU WILL GET A TICKET FOR 5 OVER

There is no other way to get to Smugglers Notch though to go through Stowe

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
Just was the recipient of yet anothe performance award this past Sunday morning in Vermont. Watch your butt.
Thanks for passing the information along. Imagine the great state of Vermont appreciates your generous donation. :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
Not really, my point was to make those that are planning to attend the upcoming Strom event in VT that VT is hungry for the revenue.
And I've confirmed that VT does not report them to your home state. I have not found VT to be at all grabby. The last time I rode in VT I took less traveled roads and didn't see a single LEO in two days and over 300 miles.

Route 100 is the second most traveled N-S route in the state and arguably the most heavily policed. There is almost always a radar site near Killington.

YMMV. There are many states that are going to let you go if you are 19mph over.

ALL OF Wilminton (MT. Snow) and STOWE IS A SPEED TRAP AND YOU WILL GET A TICKET FOR 5 OVER

There is no other way to get to Smugglers Notch though to go through Stowe
There is also plenty of summer traffic - I'd be happy to go five over!

·
Registered
61 Posts
If you have the time and/or need to fight it, there are several sources online to help you win. I bought a book, How to beat a speeding ticket, and since I bought it I haven't had one, so it's been a great investment so far! :thumbup:

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not fighting it. I like most out of state slubs just paid the ticket online with my visa. This ticket was from the Sheriffs dept not a State Officer. I think State police are or have been to me more reasonable.
Paying the ticket on line was an eye opener. They have a chart that shows the rates by MPH over the speed limit. One mph at a time.He wrote me for 19 over ( I was not near that) 19 over was 173 dollars 18 over was 166 dollars & so on. I think 20+ over they have a different charge.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts