StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there eveyone! I'm really excited to be back on a bike! I took a few year hiatus but I'm now back on a brand spankin' new 2014 red DL1000... pics to follow. Just thought I'd say Hi :thumbup: I live in Markham so hopefully I'll be seeing some of you around! Cheers J...

·
Administrator
13,738 Posts
Welcome aboard!

What part of Ontario are you from? Kenora? Timmins? Windsor? Cornwall? (It's a big place! :) )

I have only sat on a new V-Strom 1000 and really would love to ride one some day! Of course I know when it does it will totally destroy me!

..Tom

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One more sleep and I go pick up the bike!! Thanks for the response folks... any issues with these 2014s at all??? And I'm in Markham Tom.. I just moved back to city in the spring. I spent 3 yrs up in Northbay (miss it) but no work to be had up there right now!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Welcome!

I'm over in Milton, where there is a group of us that ride togethrr. Check out v-strom owners on Canada on Facebook!

·
Administrator
13,738 Posts
I ride though (on 407) or around Markham pretty much every day... if you see a Black 2012 DL650 with a Topcase and tank bag - probably dirty - that's likely me!

BTW great group of guys over in Milton! I am technically a member but since they have their events on Saturday (and I work most Saturdays) there is little chance of ever connecting with them.)

I look forward to seeing you on the road some time!

..Tom

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
hello from Kingston! enjoy the new 1000!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll check out the milton Facebook page tonight... thanks @ tom and tenny ... hey Tenny if you are ever north around the "apsley/bancroft area you may see me there aswell (familycottage)

·
Administrator
13,738 Posts
My mom lives in Wilberforce. I'm in that general area fairly often. My wife and I were not far from there this past Sunday as we went over to highway 41 and then took 506 east. What lake are you on?

..Tom

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My mom lives in Wilberforce. I'm in that general area fairly often. My wife and I were not far trim there this past Sunday as we went over to highway 41 and then took 506 east. What lake are you on?

..Tom
Wow small world. . We are close to Chandos lake... my grandparents have been there since the mid 60s... we should do a ride up there!

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm headed up to Lanark on Sat or Sun this weekend depending on the weather for lunch on my 2102 Wee. Meeting a couple Connie riders there for lunch. Anyone here want to join in?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The rest of August is a write off for me... heading to the Eastcoast via bike for the first week of September for a wedding/weeks vacation... after that I'm good...

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
I'll check out the milton Facebook page tonight... thanks @ tom and tenny ... hey Tenny if you are ever north around the "apsley/bancroft area you may see me there aswell (familycottage)
Going to be heading up that way Sunday. likely going to camp at the bancroft campground. Then head up to algonquin park monday to check it out, my buddy has never been there so we are going to check it out :)

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
awesome! I'd be up for a ride sometime in September!

We wound up camping in algonquin park, was gone from the house for exactly 24hrs and did 1000km. Fantastic roads that I found on the ride the highlands website!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Spotted an orange vstrom 650 in Marmora this afternoon... had knobby tires on it! Would this be any of you guys rolling around today?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey y'all,

I just recently got a 2011 DL650ABS and planning on riding south with a bunch of "snow birds" (Fla.)
Maybe do a trip down to Mexico and Costa Rica, too.

I'm just about to add some farkles to the ever-growing list and currently in the market for crash bars that can hold my crash bar bags nicely. Therefore I'm looking for something that has a nice long bar running across the top as opposed to something roundish.
Do anyone of you have any experience regarding this problem?
Cheers!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts