StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd take a moment to introdcue myself as a new DL1000 owner . Well , not yet anyway . I pick up my new steed from the stealership in a few hours . I know very little about the Stroms due to the fact that the DL1000 will be my first Strom .
I'll surely have some questions and will appreciated any help and or answers you guys will have . Hoping to do some solid mileage before the weather gets to limiting the riding window of opportuntiy .

Wes

·
Rjsurfer
539 Posts
Wes,

Welcome to the club, great choice in bikes, of course you went overboard with the 1000.

Where about in NC?, I'm just south of Wilmington and looking for guys to ride with, everyone appears to be on the wrong side of the state.

rjsurfer

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Are you the same PO-SLOKE that's on ADVrider.com?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Stromin Nroman ... Yes , I am one in the same Po-SLOKE on ADV with the 08 Versys and KLR . I don't go on ADV much other than the NC game of tag .

rjsurfer , thanks for the warm welcome for sure . I know it may seem over the top going with the DL000 , but my intention with this bike is to be able to take my dogz on some shot tours . I am gonna do the small trailer thing at first and hopefully by next year I am wanting to do a hack for the dogz . I have four Australian Shepherds and about the only thing they don;t get to do with me is ride . I am about to resolve that problem . The DL1000 was much more of an attractive thing considering it's stronger ability to pull wieght more easily .

Oh yeah , I nearly forgot . I live in Sapphire, NC . Southwest of Asheville about an hour or better . Depending on how slow I ride , which is pretty slow most of the time . LOL

Wes

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wethreyet ,

I suppose I did refuse to settle for less for sure . Good to see some mild poking towards the forum buds is a survivable offense in here . LOL

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Good to see some mild poking towards the forum buds is a survivable offense in here . LOL
To a point my friend, to a point. There used to be more but everyone started taking themselves way too seriously. Exceed that magic line and all sorts of sh*t comes down! ;)

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
10-4 on " To a point " . Yeah , sometimes things can get all goofed up and trying to sort it , can qualify the whole thing for Jerry Springers rubbish bin . LOL

Hey , if Jerry want have it , who will huh ? LOL

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Just saying hello to another NC resident on the site. I'm new to the Strom and site here also.

I was up in Asheville last month with the Wifey. Very nice area of the state... :cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts