StromTrooper banner

Another new Vee Stromer!

3K views 27 replies 17 participants last post by  CHINOTAKER 
#1 ·
Hi all, I've had a great time researching and reading all your posts. About 2 weeks ago I found a 'near new' second hand 2007 Wee with shy under 11,000kms on the clock, with a few farkles fitted, for sale and........... lashed out and bought it!

It's been about 11 years since I last owned a beast (back then it was a BMW K100RT) or ridden a bike of that size. I thought it was about time I ventured back to bike territory.

I have managed to do a few hundred k's so far just around the Central Coast, and I love it:thumbup:. I'm looking forward to doing a bit of touring later this year with my brother who lives in Canberra, and perhaps tagging along on a few rides with other like minded Troopers when work commitments allow.

Pete

#2 ·
Welcome to the nut house Pete, there are a few inmates in your area.
There is a ride to Dubbo this weekend (25/26), if you cant make the ride maybe come for brekky at McGraths Hill.
Cheers

#5 ·
Welcome

Hi Pete,

Welcome to the site, hope to catch up for a ride. As V-chops has mentioned feel free to join us for the ride down on Saturday morning if you can't make the whole Dubbo trip.
:cheers2:
BOB

#8 ·
Welcome Airbusdriver ... I've owned a Strom for a little over two years now and really enjoy it ... I also enjoy this forum and I'm confient you will as well. It is a great source of advice and experience. I'm at Newcastle and would be happy to share a ride if time / work / etc allow ....

#9 ·
Thanks one and all for the warm welcome. Unfortunately this weekend to Dubbo is out for me due to other commitments, but I am looking forward to catching up on a future ride.

I will take you up on all the wisdom I can muster in the coming months!!

Cheers and looking forward to meeting up soon.:mrgreen:

#13 ·
congats abd you will luv the bike i'm in newy too....greg

#15 ·
:mrgreen:As above :mrgreen:
Welcome to the "nuthouse"
Enjoy the new bike, and don't feel shy about joining in on rides posted if you want to, as Muddy always says, ALL WELCOME :mrgreen:

#16 ·
Welcome aboard

My '07 650 had 9k km when I bought it and now has close to 40k...and it has been all great fun and I have met some great people. Enjoy yours!

Thinking out aloud here.. there seems to be a few of you Newcatle /C Coast guys, wouldn't it be good to pick a weekend in say November (great weather and good lead time) and we Gold Coasters could meet up half way at Coffs at the camp ground of the last gathering, it was a great place.

It would be good to make a full day of it to get there, camp out (cabins available also) and hike it back on Sunday. Or am I dreamin' again...VStroms do that to you.

Trevor

#17 ·
Thinking out aloud here.. there seems to be a few of you Newcatle /C Coast guys, wouldn't it be good to pick a weekend in say November (great weather and good lead time) and we Gold Coasters could meet up half way at Coffs at the camp ground of the last gathering, it was a great place.

It would be good to make a full day of it to get there, camp out (cabins available also) and hike it back on Sunday. Or am I dreamin' again...VStroms do that to you.

Trevor
Sounds like a plan, any excuss for a ride.:thumbup:

could make it our Xmas ride for this year :confused:

#20 ·
Lets work on it

I am meeting some Gold Coasters for coffee this Saturday (27th) at 9am at Canungra (if anyone else nearby is reading please join us) and I will see if we can nominate a date and run it past this thread.

The run to Coffs offers plenty of alternatives across the ranges and we know the caravan park / pub are great. A Xmas run to Broken Hill could still be another ride for you guys.

Cheers - Trevor

#23 ·
I am looking at this thread with increasing interest,I can't make Bingara,I have made five working trips to the busted mount in the last two years so am over the silver city run,a Tamworth lad raised the Coffs area was my stamping ground as a 18 year old and 30 years have passed since I have done the Armidale/Dorrigo run--being a Christmas ride I imagine all cabin accommodation would be taken so would it be camping only?,keep me in the loop.:yesnod:

#24 ·
Mustang (Trevor), SuzyVstrom (Steve) and I had a chat about this today at our usual coffee meet.

Trev is working out a final date and he will start a new thread then.

Steve is also keen to have some of the local ADV guys along, so it could turn into quite a do. Gunna be a good weekend.

Even though it's still a long way off, I'm already thinking I'll take Friday :bom_sick2: and go down a day early, that way I'll get a local loop in on Saturday

I'm excited.

Pete.

#25 ·
Coffs Harbour (Urunga)

As Pete says we had a chat and picked Nov 12-13th 2011 for a 'back to Urunga' weekend. I will be posing a new thread hopefully tonite to avoid hijacking this one. Thanks to one new member starting this thread we all get a new excuse for a weekend catchup. I will indicate "Urunga" in the new thread, keep an eye out!

#26 ·
Hi guys this will be a goody. Making it a 3 dayer, Im with you pete.
Cant make it weekend 12-13 Nov ( Malasia wedding ) Hope you guys can work around that date.
See Yas
G & H :thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.