StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, chalk me up as another satisfied customer for the MadStad bracket.

I'm running it in the low position, mostly down and 2/3rds back. IT has definitely smoothed the airflow. Makes it a lot easier to supercruise(90+mph).

Before, running the stock shield in the low position I could feel strong airstreams coming up from my knees and swirling into the pocket of air behind the windscreen. I also spent the first 7,000 miles or so watching bugs get stuck in these swirls before flying under the chinbar of my Arai XD and into my face. Now with the bracket the air over the knees is now flowing back over my thighs towards the back, the air velocity through the tank/cowl area is a lot lower and there doesn't seem to be as much air coming up through the fork area.

Makes me wonder if I could just cut off the bottom peak of the windscreen to allow more air to flow in behind the screen to better equalize the pressure? If I ever pick one up cheap I might try and see.

P

·
0 Posts
Just got my Madstad today.

I put it on in the medium position with the stock shield. I will test it tomorrow. I am thinking of getting a Givi.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts