StromTrooper banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do apologize but have been searching for a bit now and not finding an answer to my particular question.

I have a 2011 wee with the OEM luggage top/side racks which are made by soft. It is my understanding from the searches I've done that no other luggage brand is a direct fit to the OEM/Soft racks. I have the OEM sidecases and I'm looking for a topcase.

I've found that there are several options for topcases such as Givi etc. that utilize an adapter plate but everything I've read indicates that the adapter plates are for the stock wee rack, not the accessory OEM luggage racks.

I have not found anything that clearly states which topcase adapter will work with the OEM/Soft top rack. Does anyone know of such an adapter? Should I just buy the OEM topcase?

I hope that makes sense, and all input is gratefully appreciated.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have the same question (for the most part). All of my searches just danced around what I was looking for.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I don't know the answer for certain, but I believe that the Givi E528 top case mounting plate will work. It's really the same mounting plate as their "universal" mounting plate. The only difference is the mounting hardware. The universal plate includes a few more nuts, bolts and brackets for universal applications, but I think the hardware in the E528 plate is generic enough that you will be able to adapt it.

I suggest trying to get the Givi plate to work since it will give you many more top case options. I have the E528 mounting plate in stock if you want to try it out. If it doesn't work, you can always send it back.

Gary

1 - 3 of 3 Posts