StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Im very keen on trading in my sportsbike for a more "practical" ride and the wee seems to fit. I will be able to tour easier (tank size, fuel economy, luggage options), reduce aches and pains (seating position), hit some fire trial type tracks and still have fun in the twisties.

One of the first changes I would want to make to the Wee is aftermarket exhaust - love the vtwin sound. Unlike the SV650 there seems to be very few exhaust options for the Wee and those that do exist seem to be 1/2 - full systems... Are there no slips on for the Wee?

Im only 5'8 , 165lbs and can flat foot the bike sitting down (just). On normal roads i wont have a problem but im wondering if I should get it lower a bit for "off road" stuff to make it a bit easier if the ground is uneven? If i do getting it lowered wont that reduce clearance?

Cheers
AJ

·
Registered
70 Posts
Not sure about exhaust slip-ons, but I was told in the shop that the suspension would drop a little on its own after a bit of riding.

·
Registered
201 Posts
The bike will settle a little with time and load. I am 5' 9" and have a 31" inseam (this is the important measurement for a Wee), and I can just flat foot when fully loaded. I thought not getting both feet down would bother me, but I actually don't notice.

Aftermarket exhaust systems may limit your luggage and bash plate options.

I would get the bike and put some mileage down and get a good feel for the bike and it's performance before swapping exhaust, you might like it as is. Same goes for the seat height. What you think you want now may change.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The aftermarket exhaust is purely to improve the vtwin sound, not performance.

I didnt realise that aftermarket exhausts on the vstrom would affect luggage options. I might just have to keep the stock exhaust as part of the reason im keen on the strom is the luggage options.

Thanks for you input.
AJ

Aftermarket exhaust systems may limit your luggage and bash plate options.

I would get the bike and put some mileage down and get a good feel for the bike and it's performance before swapping exhaust, you might like it as is. Same goes for the seat height. What you think you want now may change.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts