StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a new yellow 03 last Monday from Bloomington Power Sports(Central/Southern Indiana). I have been reading/researching V-Stroms since they were introduced and have been following this web site most of the winter. I came off of a 99 ZRX 1100 that I just couldn't modify enough(comfort wise)to make it a bike worth keeping. I have been riding on and off for about 28 years. I have owned 5 bikes, 82 CB750C, 82 Yamaha Vision, 99 750 ACE, 99 ZRX 1100, and finally the dream bike DL1000. I have only been able to put 25 miles on the bike so far but can already tell that it is going to be everything I hoped it would. I have a CeeBaileys shield on order(thanks to info from this site) and will be looking for bags soon. Thanks for all of the great information and I look forward to much more in the future. I think I'll be keeping this bike for awhile.

·
StromTrooper.com Founder
11,285 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad to be here.

Brendan, Thanks for the welcome. I am very happy to be joining the V-Strom ranks. It is pretty interesting that I just came off of a ZRX and the guy who started that web site(ZRXOA.org) is a hoosier also from Richmond. I guess us Hoosiers know our bikes. I was really happy with the guys in Bloomington. They really took good care of me. I had been seriously shopping for about a month and they were the only ones who put any real effort into getting my business. They gave me a pretty good deal on the 03 and seemed like really good guys. I lived right down the street about 20 years ago but never stopped in until now. That a pretty decent commute for you isn't it? Isn't Clay City really southern Indiana?
Where do you do your radio show from? I am in the TV business(never would have guessed that would you?)I am the Chief Engineer for the Pacers at the Fieldhouse but I get some exposure to the radio side. I would love to be part of a Hoosier Trooper Rally. Unfortunately most of my riding is back and forth to work but would love to get out more and see the real world. Anyway, thanks again for the welcome. You have a great site. Glad to be a part of it.
Greg

·
StromTrooper.com Founder
11,285 Posts
Good to hear you were treated fine. A good experience can make all the difference.

While my commute is long, it is fun on the V-Strom. I live off 246, one of Indiana's best MC roads. It's not very fun in my Land Rovers though, they just don't handle to well in the corners.

Cool to hear about your occ. I recently tuned into the producer (on my scanner) at the supercross and I really appreciate the hard work that goes into a production. I bet your job is very exciting.

My show is based out of TH on 97.7. (www.motorsportsmonday.com) It's fun and of course helps feed my ego. :twisted:

More later, the wife is in the hot tub, waiting.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was working the Supercross as a video engineer for ESPN. It's a pretty good job but lousy hours. With the new bike it is killing me to miss any riding opportunity like yesterday(Stuck in the basement at the Fieldhouse working a Pacers game). I'll try to check out your show sometime. I might be able to get it in Franklin.
Greg

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Make that another Hoosier with a Strom (650). I'm from Avon and bought mine from Dreyer Suzuki in Indy last week.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congratulations

You will love it. They are very enjoyable bikes to ride. I have a little over 800 miles on mine now and curse every day it rains. What color did you get? I tried to buy at Dreyer also but they just weren't willing to deal enough for me. I thought seriously about the 650 but had just come off of a ZRX1100 and thought that I would eventually miss the power. Oh well, enjoy it. Maybe as Brendon said, we can have a Hoosier rally sometime.
Greg

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a blue one. I only started riding last summer on an 89 Honda VTR 250 (Interceptor).

BIG powerboost :D

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes but still a very managable size. I started on a Honda 750, scared myself good a couple of times, traded it for a Yamaha 550 Vision(V-twin)
and rode it for the next 17 years. The 650 is actually an excellent choice to improve your riding skills on. You won't get tired of it for quite a while.
Good Luck, Ride Smart.
Greg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts