StromTrooper banner

Another Handguard Install

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  bleedgrn 
#1 ·
I just wanted to show y'all another handguard install.

These are G2 Ergonomics Competition Handguards w/ Plastic Hanshields. The cost is about $85, and they fit very well!

Motorcycle and ATV Parts and Accessories by G2 Ergonomics

I removed the stock bar ends and added a washer (colored black w/ a Sharpie) to fill the gap on the inside of the bar end. I may later remove the bar end...

These bolt on really nicely as you can see in the next three shots. I had to rotate my clutch downward slightly to allow clearance for the stock lever, not a big deal...

The over/under mounts clears the banjo nut easily...

Here is the final shot with plastics temporarily stuck on. (Yes, the G2 logos can be removed) The plastics bolt on to the metal supports wherever you drill them. I will do so after experimenting on placement...

See less See more
#2 ·
Did the metal backbones come painted or did you have to paint them black. I think they look nice. I went the BB VPS route but am considering painting the Aluminum backbone. I REALLY like your Bar Risers which look to have a nice back set. Which ones are they and what is the offset and rise if you don't mind. Anything need lengthening? I find my shoulder starts to bother me after an hour in the saddle.

#3 ·
The G2 backbones and plastics are available in a few colors, I chose black.

The bar up and backs were a fleabay item. They are 1" up and 1.25" back. I did not have to lengthen any cables, but I had to remove one strain relief clip on the front of the lower triple tree to give cable slack for the brake side I believe. They do make my reach shorter and more comfortable.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#4 ·
Great. Thanks for the info. Nice install. I used three of my friends to help me line up my handguards. Lots of things to hit including the dash readouts. So far for me, everything clears. I am going to look for those bars risers. I think they will be my next farkle. Thanks again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.