StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed and trialled the screen on my DL1K.

Superb result after just three attempts at settings. May finesse a bit more, but certainly worth the effort.Will e-mail my thanks to the guy.

Clever, thoughtful engineering.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Did 1200 miles this weekend with no headache, my only question is why i waited so long to get one. If i ever question spending $90.00 on a couple peices of metal all i have to do is change the setting on my madstad back to "buffet zone" and it'll all be justified. J.R

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
Madstad and CalSci Tall Winscreen

I'll +1 and raise another +1 for the Mastad. I was extremely pleased with the CalSci unit on it's own but the Madstad takes it to darn near perfect. Great product, arrived in GWN in a timely manner and excellent customer support for all the questions I had raised prior to purchase.

Safe riding,
Bob

·
Registered
25 Posts
+1 emphatically!!!

I have ridden my new to me Wee for the last 10 days, everyday. I moved the stock shield around on the available positions just for grins every couple of days to see what differences it made. Not much. At just over 6' I would get some pretty good buffeting of the brain bucket in all positions. Received the Madstad bracket and installed it last night. My normal commute contains a good stretch of 65mph where I used to tolerate the tossing around of my head and associated dizziness afterwards, figuring it was just part of riding a bike on the open road at speed. Much to my great surprise I was able see clearly, hear more, and be generally more comfortable this morning!! Yippee! As if I wasn't happy enough with the Wee to begin with, now I am ecstatic!!!!

Thank you Madstad!!!!

·
Registered
704 Posts
Rides2little,
your results are the same as mine. Outstanding improvement to make the bike truly great!
Now, if I could only get mine to stop WHISTLING! There's something with the shield and bracket that produces a high frequency whistle at speed- drives me crazy.

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
What's your final setting?

I have ridden my new to me Wee for the last 10 days, everyday. I moved the stock shield around on the available positions just for grins every couple of days to see what differences it made. Not much. At just over 6' I would get some pretty good buffeting of the brain bucket in all positions. Received the Madstad bracket and installed it last night. My normal commute contains a good stretch of 65mph where I used to tolerate the tossing around of my head and associated dizziness afterwards, figuring it was just part of riding a bike on the open road at speed. Much to my great surprise I was able see clearly, hear more, and be generally more comfortable this morning!! Yippee! As if I wasn't happy enough with the Wee to begin with, now I am ecstatic!!!!

Thank you Madstad!!!!
I got one too and it's much better than stock setting. What setting did you final settle on? Tilt and height in the brackets?

I am testing it in the full down (vertically) position, with a medium tilt, which works fairly well. I think the ultimate fix will come with the KTM Super Duke mirrors I've ordered. Those darned barn door OEM mirrors are causing me high noise levels around the helmet. (Yes, I think my Suomy helmet is a culprit, too.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts