StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked mine up in person yesterday. 1140 miles into my trip. I was hurting big time but no more! It felt instantly comfortable last night, and at the end of today (another 278 miles of mountain riding) the only thing that stopped me was the setting sun.

This seat is the real deal!

·
Registered
327 Posts
My TA seat looks identical to cpr4life's. Not saying it's as good as a Russell seat (I wouldn't know), but it IS damn good. I'm planning to ride to California in the next few weeks and I think this is going to be exactly the long haul solution I was looking for.

Did I mention that Terry is awesome to deal with?

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Did 4000 mile trip in July on mine, absolutely the best accessory on the bike. The stock and Suzuki gel were both torture for me.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm loving this seat!!!

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Y'all have me jonesing....mine(2" tall and 2" further back) is supposed to be ready around the 15th..........

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm now almost 1900 miles into my trip & the miles after picking up the seat have been MUCH more comfortable!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I received my seat today. It's the same design as the OP.

So, I went for a 2 hour, 75 mile ride, before realizing I was supposed to swap the seat bottom bumpers.

I was thinking I was feeling a bit more vibration, now I know why. :eek:

The seat still felt great. I started with a very agitated tail bone from Sunday’s ride, and I never felt it. The only ‘hot spot’, was where I ride against the rear pillion rise, but it never got sore. My tailbone would definitely be sore after 2 hours. So major thumbs up. I’ll try it again tomorrow now that I have the bumpers on.

I cannot flat foot easily at a stop anymore, whereas I could with the stock seat plus an AirHawk bag, but it is not an issue. It's just different. I also need to rotate the bars back just a bit.

I was going on a long extended weekend trip this week, but work cancelled it for me. I'll have to settle for an all day ride on Saturday to get some extended testing in.

·
Registered
120 Posts
How are the Adcox saddles holding up? Does the Adcox have a spring system like the day long? I was waiting for a Russell Day Long sale but the Adcox reviews seem promising!

:)

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm not sure about longevity, but was wondering the same thing.

As for Terry's seats, they do not have a spring system. He builds them with different densities of foam.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I recently got a Russell seat for my Royal Star. It is comfortable BUT the wide bolsters make it so I can barely put my tip toes on the ground when seated. With the stock seat I could flat foot it no problem. I'd like a wider seat base for my V-Strom but on that bike I can flat foot one foot and tip toe the other. I don't really want the foot reach any worse. I would bet with an Russell it would be. But what about with an Adcox? Does his seat affect your reach to the ground that much when seated?

·
Registered
49 Posts
On my new Adcox seat, I went from flat footed to the balls of my feet. If I scoot forward, I can stand flat footed. I'm not sure if this gets better as the seat wears in.

I would suggest giving Terry a call and see what he can do for you. He was extremely helpful when I talked to him.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm a bit more on my toes on mine, but it's not a huge deal for me. Mine moved me back a bit too, despite my risers. But it's ok in my case because I have a better posture while riding. A very, very slight forward lean...but I am NOT putting any pressure on my wrists!

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
I picked mine up at Terry's on the way to Arizona. He built mine 2 inches taller and almost 2 inches back.I'm not quite happy with it but I've already talked to Terry and he is going to modify it. I actually need it taller again and still a little further back which will eliminate the shelf all together. I think once he re does it it's going to be pretty darn good. I think this is the first strom seat that Terry has built for a giraffe so we're breaking new ground here.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts