StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It only happens to me on this website. I’ll be browsing and a pop up fake Amazon congrulations message comes up. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? As mentioned, it only happens to me on this site.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Did you check what browser add-ins you have installed?

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
121 Posts
It only happens to me on this website. I’ll be browsing and a pop up fake Amazon congrulations message comes up. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? As mentioned, it only happens to me on this site.

You dont mention what device youre using but since you say "fake" I'm guessing some adware or crappy malware not a simple ad. You can run MBAM on a PC from malwarebytes.org or on a tablet clear out the cache and temp files from the settings tab then whatever sub menu for the browser you're using. Browser add ons as was mentioned and if possible add/remove programs to view all installed software. As to why which I just realized was your actual question, I'm guessing some website plunked something into the browser somehow or some redirect when you're on this site but that's beyond me. The usual reason is someone gets paid when you view that pop up so however they can jam it on you they do. Darn scammers.

·
Administrator
1,128 Posts
Hey,

The next time you see this ad, we'd need the following:

1.What device you're using.
2.The OS/browser you're using.
3.Your general location.
4.The URL of the ad, you can get this by right clicking the ad and clicking "copy link address". You can also click "inspect" and copy the highlighted text.
5.Screen shot

Once we get that we can send it to our tech team and get them to investigate. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Niall

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's been happening when I'm using my iPhone X. I'm noticing it happening on other websites now so I'm thinking it's on my end and not the site. Right now I am in an iPad so let's see if the same pop ups happen while using the iPad.

·
Registered
13,133 Posts
Google just added a significant new ad-blocker to Chrome as well. That prevents the web site from making you turn it off to view it.

·
Administrator
1,128 Posts
It's been happening when I'm using my iPhone X. I'm noticing it happening on other websites now so I'm thinking it's on my end and not the site. Right now I am in an iPad so let's see if the same pop ups happen while using the iPad.
I had someone say that the new iphone updates where getting it but the older mac/ipads weren't.

lemme know if you can confirm this.

Lee

·
Registered
433 Posts
yes this site is loaded with jangle...It would not even operate properly for me and would slow to a crawl....you MUST run an adblocker to fix it...I run "Fair AdBlocker" extension FREE on chrome browser.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I've been getting this too on my iPad and iPhone running iOS 11 and using Safari. Usually I use Tapatalk, but occasionally I'll google something and click on a Stromtrooper thread in the search results.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I've been getting this too on my iPad and iPhone running iOS 11 and using Safari. Usually I use Tapatalk, but occasionally I'll google something and click on a Stromtrooper thread in the search results.

Ditto for me on iPhone and iPad with iOS 11

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
1,128 Posts
Hey there,

As Niall said, if we get that information we can get it blocked for you.
We've been getting reports that users on iOS devices on desktop view or tapatalk are getting these ads.
Less for users using Topify which is the enhanced mobile view.

All in all, if we get the info that Niall listed, we'll get it sorted

Ed

·
Administrator
1,128 Posts
Well, I'm glad to hear that you didn't have any pop ups! That's a good sign. If you do come across it again, please grab a screenshot and copy the full URL and set the info our way. If you can also include what device/browser you're using that would also be appreciated.

Cheers,

Erik

·
Registered
140 Posts
Boom! Got one!

1.iPad Mini 3
2.iOS 11.2 / Safari
3.Tidewater, VA area
4. I failed on this one. It's "rewardcenterattcomreward.top", but I didn't copy the full URL
5.Screen shot:

Here's the address of the thread I was viewing before the add popped up:

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Boom! Got one!

1.iPad Mini 3
2.iOS 11.2 / Safari
3.Tidewater, VA area
4. I failed on this one. It's "rewardcenterattcomreward.top", but I didn't copy the full URL
5.Screen shot:

Here's the address of the thread I was viewing before the add popped up:

Hope this helps!
This is the pop up I keep getting. The URL are different ones at different times. Mainly getting it while using my iPhone X. I'm using my iPad mini 2. Not sure which version, but it is below iOS 11, and knock on wood I haven't had this issue on this device as of late.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Ditto to MrF above.
IOS 11.2/safari
iPad and iPhone
Northern Alabama
Same site to be rerouted to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hello, just wanted to say that I occasionally get pop-up ads like the one in the screenshot above. I just saw your note this morning about getting a screenshot and listing other info. I don’t think I have enough posts to put up a picture anyway, but here’s my other info.

—iPhone 6s
—iOS 10 & 11 (just updated my phone 2 nights ago, and have seen it on both versions)
—Safari browser

For whatever it’s worth, I don’t have/haven’t had any problems with them when using the Brave browser instead of Safari.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts