StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this year my loverly wife and I celebrated 25 years of wedded life together. Someone asked what it was like..... I said it was like 10 minutes.....underwater..... with someones foot on my neck!!!!
Just kidding, its been great, My wife went out and ordered me a custom Corbin Dual Canyon Leather seat! Sweet! Rode with it today.... great seat, comfy and looks like something I can sit on for many hours a day!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Congratulations on your anniversary! :hurray: It's always good to hear that marriages can last. Wishing you many more years and keep your nose above water.

"Well this year my loverly wife and I celebrated 25 years of wedded life together. Someone asked what it was like..... I said it was like 10 minutes.....underwater..... with someones foot on my neck!!!!" :green_lol: :green_lol: :green_lol:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Congrats on the anniversary. I'm curious to see what the Corbin is like for a long ride. The stock seat on the 12+ is a killer after an hour (Sorry, can't call it a Glee).

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats on the anniversary. I'm curious to see what the Corbin is like for a long ride. The stock seat on the 12+ is a killer after an hour (Sorry, can't call it a Glee).
Out for an hour today, two up, seems much firmer and supportive than stock seat... will post again after a longer ride.:thumbup:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Out for an hour today, two up, seems much firmer and supportive than stock seat... will post again after a longer ride.:thumbup:
Did she get it from A Vicious Cycle or Two Wheel in Guelph?

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
Congratulations.

Makeup will cover those bruises on your neck.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Congratulations on your 25 years! And a great gift too.

My wife and I celebrate 24 years today. Just got my first bike, a DL650, two weeks ago, when I asked her she said, why not. She's a keeper...

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
She bought it direct from Corbin... way to go girl... She is pretty brave with buying stuff on the WEB. Only took 3 weeks from order to delivery.
Super happy with the seat so far. Another 250 kms yesterday and other than slight and minor discomforts.... alls good. I have found this seat still pushes you forward unless you keep your knees clamped onto the tank. The bruising is starting to fade so I don't have to wear a turtleneck anymore.... I am very glad about this as a turtleneck makes me look like a bottle of roll on deodorant......:green_lol:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Congrats

What a great gift from someone who is great for you. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
Congratulations!

Happy twenty-fifth anniversary to you and your lady.

(and to me and mine a couple of months ago)

I like the choice of anniversary gift: something you can both enjoy.

My wife goes only short distance on our Wee-Strom,
so she needs no custom padding. I go long distances,
and my solution is a small foam cushion, two inches thick.
Cheap, convenient, and easy to shift from one bike to another.

I hope you celebrate another milestone in another quarter-century.
Keith

·
Registered
409 Posts
Congratulations! Let me know where to send the extra long snorkel too. May need it if she reads this! :green_lol: Good for you bud, you hit a milestone and scored a new seat to boot. May you have many more years together. Working on my 40th now. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Saturday will be my 28th year of a life sentence. I doubt I will get a Corbin since she likes the Sargent but maybe I'll get that new set of springs for the forks...

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
Saturday will be my 28th year of a life sentence. I doubt I will get a Corbin since she likes the Sargent but maybe I'll get that new set of springs for the forks...
Our 31th anniversary (I was a child bride) is coming up in Novembre.

Wifie-poo is gettting new rear shocks for her HD Dyna Street Bob.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts