StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
13,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I saw mention of there on a local forum. Have any of you tried the Anlas Brand winter tires?

Anlas Anadolu Lastik A.?

..Tom

·
Administrator
13,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

·
Registered
22,322 Posts
look like it works about as well as an all season radial, there is a reason the tire manufacturing industry came up with a testing standard for what can be called a snow tire, it takes more than imprinting M&S on it

this company is only getting away with it cause it's a motorcycle tire, not expected to actually be used in the snow, their tread & concept does not look like it will perform in snow any better than Avons 3DXM

·
Administrator
13,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you read there desciption in their catologue they say:

The world's first and only winter tire

The 'WINTER GRIP PLUS' by ANLAS is developed for bikers with larger bikes who prefer to use their bike in any weather condition.

The "WINTER GRIP PLUS' is designed to keep its users on the road, when others have to leave their bike at home due to cold, wet and/or snowy weather.

Safety on cold, wet and snowy roads have been the main target of development for the 'WINTER GRIP PLUS'.

The usage of the newest polymer and overall material technology combined with "Zero Degree Radial" technology have made it possible to produce a safe and well performing tire under the worst weather conditions.

• Absolute grip and excellent handling in cold weather conditions
  • Excellent Comfort
  • Reasonable Mileage also in warm weather conditions
So their claims definitely are that the tire is intended for snow use on motorcycles.

As far as the M&S rating goes I doubt it will ever be tested under the M&S rating system since that is aimed at cars. Doesn't mean that it won't work though. I know of at least one user here that uses Winter Car tires on his motorcycle for winter riding, even though the rating system does not account for Car tires being used on motorcycles, and he seems quite happy with the results. :)

..Tom

·
Administrator
13,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is a user on the forum I mentioned that bought a set and has them on his bike. He hasn't encountered any snow, etc yet but I have asked him to keep me posted.

..Tom

·
Registered
409 Posts
I wouldn't want to hit the sow on such a heavy bike as my 1k. Maybe the 650's are that much lighter, but it still seems like a scary proposition.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
They look very interesting, but how the hell would you get a set from Turkey to North America?

·
Administrator
13,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They look very interesting, but how the hell would you get a set from Turkey to North America?
Evidently they have been for sale in Quebec. A local (Ontario) rider ordered them from a local store (Riders Plus) and the store special ordered them in from Quebec. They told him they got the last set that was in stock. He has them on his Strom but has been riding his other bike since the weather has been pretty fe up here so has only put. A few hundred km on them and no word of riding in snow etc.

..Tom

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Bit of a gray area -- I wonder if it would be legal for a shoppe in the US to buy a shipment of these and sell them? I have doubts they have DOT markings, but perhaps you could sell them "for off-road use only". :fineprint:

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
I wouldn't want to hit the sow on such a heavy bike as my 1k. Maybe the 650's are that much lighter, but it still seems like a scary proposition.
Nope. Good call, even the DL 650 is far too heavy and scary on ice. Been there, done that - and it's something I'd prefer not to repeat.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was looking for a good set of knobby tires for my ADV rides on my 2011 Vstrom 650 that I could also use on my local commutes. These Anlas CapraX tires are top notch!

On the highway, they feel smooth and quiet. I have not tested snow but, dirt, mud, tar wet and dry they handle very well.

1700 miles so far, I have to take an updated picture to show the wear, but they still have plenty or life left.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts