StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone with the Adventure model noticed the angle of the side racks? It appears the front is angled in more so than the rear. Also, it appears the bottom of the racks are angled out farther at the bottom. I looked at six different bikes at different dealers and they all are like this. It is more noticeable with the factory aluminum panniers mounted. Just wondering if anyone has noticed this and if they have done anything to fix. Just curious if adding some more spacers would change things. Maybe it is suppose to look like this, but seems it would look better if things were "straight". Wondering if the SW Motech racks follow this same design.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
Fix what? It's not broken. While I see no reason for the bottom to be out further than the top, having the front narrower helps with aerodynamics while creating more clearance for the muffler. Somebody who wanted to play with the setup a bit could probably get the bags in tighter but with real actual benefit.

People also complain about symmetry. The typical design is to bring the left bag in a bit as a compromise between symmetrical mounting and narrowing the width of the bags. In practice, it works just fine.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
Suzuki didn't design the bolt on stuff. That's pretty much SW-Motech.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts