StromTrooper banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 dl1000 76 xs650
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I installed a Adreani cartridge kit on my 2019 dl1000a this is first thread starter for me and i am computer challenged . I bought the kit from e-bay for 528 with shipping it came FOR MY WEIGHT .90 springs and should use Ohlins 1309 fork oil ( not supplied )

Above is kit as shipped

·
Registered
263 Posts
Good score. You're going to like them.

·
Premium Member
2019 dl1000 76 xs650
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here are sample what is done watch at 10 min not our fork but same idea .

·
Premium Member
2019 dl1000 76 xs650
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Here are Adreani instructions use pdf 4 .

ENG - Google Drive

In picture 4 it shows just washer and o-ring our forks have additional piece see post #3 last picture .

In picture 5 i use Racetech Ultra slick fork seal grease just light coating i know this will dissolve in fork oil unlike silicone grease.
I used motul factory line 5w light .

·
Premium Member
2019 dl1000 76 xs650
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In post # 3 middle picture is the piece that the stock cartridge screws into this has to be removed just depress the 3 buttons to release .

·
Premium Member
2019 dl1000 76 xs650
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
In my first post this has to be removed from fork tube this is what stock cartridge screws to .

When installing the fork cap i put locknut on all the way on the fork cap i set adjustment screws flush with cap and preload adjuster backed out , I turned down cap till i felt a little resistance , backed out adj screw 1/8 turn holding cap from turning brought locknut up to cap and tighten nut to cap .
This gave me 4 1/4 turns adj and correct sag at preload 2 turns .

I do weigh 270 lbs so with 2 turns preload 15 mm static sag 52mm total sag .
rebound and compression at half a turn from full in .
Andreani recommends Ohlins 1309 oil i thought motul 5w close maybe not , will try ohlins once i find reasonable priced source in canada

I have used up most of damping adjustment maybe ohlins oil will be better?

the fork responds very well to adjutment

The quality is very good the damper rods are DLC coated ( diamond like coating )

I use skf seals very little stiction

·
Premium Member
2019 dl1000 76 xs650
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you look at first post picture you can see multiple plastic spacers that set downstroke stop , remove damper rod and piston there are other spacers above piston which set upstroke possible to get a little more travel ?

·
Premium Member
2019 dl1000 76 xs650
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I should thank the person who did video that i borrowed . Thanks

·
Premium Member
2019 dl1000 76 xs650
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You should source a driver for cartridges stock and andreani before you start .

·
Registered
2016 DL1000 ABS
805 Posts
I installed a Adreani cartridge kit on my 2019 dl1000a this is first thread starter for me and i am computer challenged . I bought the kit from e-bay for 528 with shipping it came as FOR MY WEIGHT .90 springs and should use Ohlins 1309 fork oil ( not supplied )standard set-up of .90 springs and should use Ohlins 1309 fork oil ( not supplied ) View attachment 289161
Above is kit as shipped
I will be curious to hear how this works out for You. I previously tried this kit on my former NC700X.

·
Premium Member
2019 dl1000 76 xs650
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am very happy with results so far , adjustments are very noticeable big improvement over stock .Need to find oil comparable to ohlins 1309

·
Registered
2016 DL1000 ABS
805 Posts
I am very happy with results so far , adjustments are very noticeable big improvement over stock .Need to find oil comparable to ohlins 1309
Good to hear.
While I am aware that they are quality items, I didnt have the same results with my NC. Firstly I lost about an inch of suspension travel and secondly there was too much compression damping that could not be adjusted out. I suspect that the units were shared with the S model of the bike and hence the loss of travel.

·
Premium Member
2019 dl1000 76 xs650
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It is too bad they went wrong for you .

·
Registered
575 Posts
A big thank you for posting. I really appreciate you taking the time to post your installation.

Can you clarify "driver for cartridges stock and andreani"? Do you mean the tools required to spin the stock cartridge out and to spin in the Andreani cartridge? I have the Race Tech cartridge tool to remove the stock cartridge. What type of tool is required for the Andreani?

Is a special tool required to tighten the Andreani top fork cap?

Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
2019 dl1000 76 xs650
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes Racetech for stock and similar tool for Adreani just smaller ., not sure of size made one .

·
Registered
575 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I have a few more questions...

Does the Adreani's top fork cap (the part on the very top of the fork) require a special wrench? It's sort of funky shaped.

Does the Adreani kit eliminate the compression clickers on the lower fork legs?

Did you snoop in the cartridges to see what sort of valve stacking they use?

·
Premium Member
2019 dl1000 76 xs650
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1 The forkcap is elaborate but takes standard metric socket .
2 It does not eliminate but exposes inlet and outlet to same flow .
3 Quick glance looks standardish .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts