StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading tons of posts here and much contemplation and research I just signed for a Black 2011 650. I have already ordered the skid plate and engine guards and can see far too many other ways I can spend more money on this bike. Should be fun! Thanks for all the info.

·
Registered
244 Posts
congrats... the good news is you have to try really hard to spend more than $2-3k on your wee (unlike a shiney cruiser). so for well less than $11k you'll be ready to go around the world several times.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Congratulations on the new bike, I think you'll like it a lot.

You're right that there are tons of aftermarket doo-dads for V-stroms, and there are threads here on just about all of them. No problem finding reviews and opinions.

My favorites ... front fork upgrades (fork brace and Intiminators), Elka rear shock, MadStad bracket and windshield, Corbin seat, grip heaters and Scottoiler have all added a lot to the comfort and performance of my ride. Crash bars and frame sliders do nothing for the ride, but they sure come in handy when you need them! And then there's luggage, and tires, and sprockets, and and and ...

Have fun deciding what to do next!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you, I think the next upgrade will be the Corbin seat. I plan on riding over to Holister at some point as I hear you can pull up to the factory and they will install your seat while you wait. I have also checked out both the Metzler Karoo Ts and the TKCs.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Here is a freeby improvment. Just raise the front forks in the clamps and the handling improvement is very noticable. I needed to do it on my wife's Wee due to her shorter stature, and then when I rode mine I thought mine was sort of slugish in rapid turns and also turbualnce from trucks and wind was more noticable. I then raised my forks and handling improved markedly and also winds and turbulance much less unsettling. Disclaimer, most of rideing on roads and a few gravel roads. A search will give you the specs on how much to raise the forks. Very, Very simple procedure, just make sure to do only one fork at a time. If you do no tlike the change, easy reversal, no cost other than a half hour each time. Have fun.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Congrats and welcome.

I always recommend the following as "first-farkles."
Fork Brace, New seat (whatever works for you), New windscreen and MadStad bracket if noise or buffeting is an issue, and perhaps the cheapest farkle; Grip Puppies.:thumbup:

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
If you intend to keep the bike a while, headlight relays will keep the marginal stock headlight switches and wiring connections from getting overwhelmed. Eastern Beaver and Adventure Motostuff carry complete kits.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Congrats, man. You're going to love this bike like no other. :thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts