StromTrooper banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The search for a Wee has ended... :thumbup:

After many months of reading, researching and lurking here and elsewhere, I made up my mind to get a new Wee... So off to the dealer, only to find they had a barely broken in 2011 White that had just been traded in.

Then Life happened, in spite of my other plans, and it had to sit for a while, so today I finally got the inaugural ride in (not counting the 200+ miles to get it home).

And I've got to say, I love this bike. I'm coming here from several years on a KLR, preceded by several years on an XR650L Honda, preceded by...

This is the first bike I've owned (starting in mid-70s) that has more than one cylinder, or more than 5 gears... not to mention fuel injected! :mrgreen:

The PO had put Alt-Rider crash bars and skid plate on, and grip heaters, so that was nice... I've never used grip heaters, but I'm told once I have, I'll never own another bike without them... we'll see, I guess...

I need to find a centerstand that works with the Alt-Rider stuff... I emailed them a couple of weeks ago, and have received no answer at all... not even a "go away and leave us alone"... not so thrilled about that, but I reckon I'll find the answer here eventually...

Took a run up the hill from Silver City, NM to Emory Pass... a shot at a leg-stretch stop I made on the way up:

And the view from the top:

The V - KLR comparisons are plentiful, so I won't add to them here, other than to say there is no comparison, at least on pavement. The Wee is in a whole other league. I kept the KLR, it will be my 95/5 bike, and the Wee my 5/95...

I can say that coming from the KLR, the seat, suspension and vibration on the Wee all seem just fine to me... :biggrinjester:

This site is great... I've found a ton of info here, even lurking!

·
Registered
774 Posts
I have the AltRider skid plate and crash bars with the SW Motech center stand. Works great for my needs. It is the only center stand that I've been able to get the bike up onto while seated on the bike. Pretty neato.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the AltRider skid plate and crash bars with the SW Motech center stand.
Very cool, many thanks! I've been eyeing the SW Motech stand... I'll probably go that route in a payday or two... :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have the AltRider crash bars and skid plate along with the OEM centerstand. No problems in the time that I've had it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts