StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Until we meet again
5,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealer called yesterday to say I can pickup the Tenere on Tuesday. I've done 4 demo rides which is enough to know it's a keeper.

So this will be my last weekend with the Vee as my primary bike. By Sunday I will start the process of removing the thousands of dollars worth of farkles from the bike in an attempt to get it as close to stock as possible. It kinda makes me sick to do it since it is setup so perfectly, but I know that's the way the market works.

It does seem strange to be prepping for a sale of the greatest bike I have ever owned, but can't keep 'em both. My daughter asked if I was going to have any regrets or a hard time doing it. Yes, yes I will.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Photos please, of both bikes, together if possible. Full bike review is mandatory at your 30 and 60 day point.

Have fun and enjoy. :thumbup:

·
Registered
424 Posts
Dealer called yesterday to say I can pickup the Tenere on Tuesday. I've done 4 demo rides which is enough to know it's a keeper.

So this will be my last weekend with the Vee as my primary bike. By Sunday I will start the process of removing the thousands of dollars worth of farkles from the bike in an attempt to get it as close to stock as possible. It kinda makes me sick to do it since it is setup so perfectly, but I know that's the way the market works.

It does seem strange to be prepping for a sale of the greatest bike I have ever owned, but can't keep 'em both. My daughter asked if I was going to have any regrets or a hard time doing it. Yes, yes I will.
Yes, photos and reports on the Tenere.
Mike

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,522 Posts
By Sunday I will start the process of removing the thousands of dollars worth of farkles from the bike in an attempt to get it as close to stock as possible.
Jon, could you imagine if I tried to do the same thing to my bike? There would be nothing left but a motor and a frame to carry it in!

It all seems fitting though. Dirt_Mom is on her new Spyder, and you are shoving off on your new Tenere, (or is that Ténéré? :biggrinjester:). You are both starting new riding chapters in your lives. And, the kickoff to this will be a wonderful ride thorough New England and into Canada.

It all sounds perfect!

Congratulations!

Barry

(PS: Last weekend, I had three real nice landings in a C-150. I will be flying again this weekend. I will post the details of that flight back here in this thread later. Okay?)

·
Premium Member
4,255 Posts
Jon you can get your 1000 bronzed and hang it from the rearview mirror of you car.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Looking forward to hearing about your Tenere.

How many miles on the Strom? Any epic trips? Any quirky stories to share?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
It's always sad walking away from a trusted friend but it's nice meeting a new one. :beatnik:

·
Until we meet again
5,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It all seems fitting though. Dirt_Mom is on her new Spyder, and you are shoving off on your new Tenere, (or is that Ténéré? :biggrinjester:). You are both starting new riding chapters in your lives. And, the kickoff to this will be a wonderful ride thorough New England and into Canada.

It all sounds perfect!

Congratulations!
Thanks. Funny how things work out. 3 months ago if you told me DM would have a new bike before me, and it would be a more expensive bike I would have laughed. Life throws many surprises.

...and no. There's no selling your bike unless it's to a kindred spirit. That bike has your name written all over it.

Jon you can get your 1000 bronzed and hang it from the rearview mirror of you car.
You know, if I had enough money to have my own riding museum the Vee would take the place of honor. It's a bike that changed my life...really. Before the Vee I rode on the street as a novelty to pacify me between dirt rides. I averaged 1K miles a year. The Vee made street riding an obsession. Traveling from Georgia to Canada and loving all of it. Now averaging 1K miles a month. Not bad for someone who rides one day per week. Getting rid of this bike is a major event in my life that I'm sure to look back and regret. But two expensive bikes in the span of a few months means the financial gods must get their cut. So a bronzing of the bike would have been considered, just not possible.

As far as ride reports and photos...count on it. Already have a few reports on the demos I took out in the "Other Bikes" section of Trooper. I'm sure to add more.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
I think the problems your DL has been suffering of late are the symptoms of separation anxiety over the loss of DirtMom's DL. It's best to let your bike go before the depression turns to aggression upon the arrival of the blue interloper.

Most motopshycoanalist agree that your bike would be happiest in a place that is familiar, yet apart from home. A place where a DL1000 can play happily all day day after day in a habitat seemingly designed around the needs of the bike in question.

The excessive mileage on the odometer would make selling this loyal bike at current market value relatively unappealing when considering the tax (not to mention moral) benefits of donating this long-loved ride to a motorcycle rescue organization.

We here at Blue Ridge Motorcycle Rescue will foster you long-loved motorcycle until it's fully healed and the perfect home can be provided, plus you get the tax benefits. Our thorough screening process will ensure your bike finds a loving, caring home with the resources to meet its special needs and the ability to flog the shit out of it on some of the finest back roads North Carolina has to offer.

Always consult a financial professional before making decisions involving major changes to one's portfolio, destination charges, document stamps and dealer finder fees may apply. Offer void in UT, NE, AL, HO, FL, AK, PR, EU, CE, PDQ, ABQ, and parts of Appalachia. If a suitable home cannot be found BRMR will retain ownership and assume care responsibilities of the forfeited motorcycle

·
Premium Member
4,255 Posts
I think the problems your DL has been suffering of late are the symptoms of separation anxiety over the loss of DirtMom's DL. It's best to let your bike go before the depression turns to aggression upon the arrival of the blue interloper.

Most motopshycoanalist agree that your bike would be happiest in a place that is familiar, yet apart from home. A place where a DL1000 can play happily all day day after day in a habitat seemingly designed around the needs of the bike in question.

The excessive mileage on the odometer would make selling this loyal bike at current market value relatively unappealing when considering the tax (not to mention moral) benefits of donating this long-loved ride to a motorcycle rescue organization.

We here at Blue Ridge Motorcycle Rescue will foster you long-loved motorcycle until it's fully healed and the perfect home can be provided, plus you get the tax benefits. Our thorough screening process will ensure your bike finds a loving, caring home with the resources to meet its special needs and the ability to flog the shit out of it on some of the finest back roads North Carolina has to offer.

Always consult a financial professional before making decisions involving major changes to one's portfolio, destination charges, document stamps and dealer finder fees may apply. Offer void in UT, NE, AL, HO, FL, AK, PR, EU, CE, PDQ, ABQ, and parts of Appalachia. If a suitable home cannot be found BRMR will retain ownership and assume care responsibilities of the forfeited motorcycle
Ya know it's tripe like this, caring and sensitive, that makes me proud that I have a motorcycle and proud of associating with those that do.

·
Until we meet again
5,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you for this interesting opportunity. I will consult my financial adviser (Louie) and get back to you.

But for now it's 105 degrees out side, should be about 120 in my barn. I have all the necessary parts to get the bike back to perfect. Time to go start dripping some sweat so I can take a nice long ride on it tomorrow.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Congrats on the new rides arrival. I always liked the engine on my old TDM and can only imagine how sweet that one is.

I'm kinda envious as I'd really like to check one out sometime. I guess I'll have to give the local shop a call and see if any have shown up so I can take a gander.

Good riding and please keep us updated.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
Thank you for this interesting opportunity. I will consult my financial adviser (Louie) and get back to you.

But for now it's 105 degrees out side, should be about 120 in my barn. I have all the necessary parts to get the bike back to perfect. Time to go start dripping some sweat so I can take a nice long ride on it tomorrow.
Maybe you could open a Sweatlodgemotorcycleshop.

·
Administrator
17,218 Posts
Finally!!!!!!!:hurray:

·
Registered
294 Posts
I know the feeling intimately. I just let go of my airhead BMW after 30 years of ownership and it wasn't that easy.

I am extremely interested to hear your reports on the Super Tenere as it's the bike I seriously considered before buying my Vee. I do think there might be one in my future but I'm willing to wait it out for a few years to see how the bikes and the competition plays out.

I was in the local mega dealership today and they had a new Tenere in there waiting for delivery. It's nice to see them finally making it to our shores. I hope they last and bring on more like them from the other companies.

·
Until we meet again
5,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Took the last 100 mile spin today. Started stripping it down. I forgot how naked it looks without the top box, engine guards, luggage rack, madstad and laminar lip. This bike is tiny.

Going to take a while to get everything off it. And I suspect the next owner is going to want it to be clean. Not even sure where to start with that.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts