StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, have any of you ridden your Stroms past the point where any one would ever want to buy it off of you? How many miles are on it? What is "custom" on it (no not farkels, things that keep it working right/not falling apart)? Show us the pictures! Tell us the stories!

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,520 Posts
This has been discussed many times; how much mileage, what works and what doesn't. A search, using the Google Search box at the top of my forum page will yield that information for you.

Each one of us has a different approach, and a different mission for our riding experiences. And, those approaches and missions usually change over time. When this happens, some riders will sell their motorcycles, and find another bike that fits the mission of the rider.

Other riders will do what they can to change the bike to fit the changing mission. I am one of those riders. I have significantly changed my DL-650 to fit my riding mission. It was new in 2007, and now has 100,000 miles on it.

And, I have ridden the bike into the ground, literally, several times! It just won't give up, so how can I give up on it? In an ugly way, it is the most beautiful motorcycle ever built!

http://www.stromtrooper.com/794413-post4.html

www.blacklabadventures.com

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This has been discussed many times; how much mileage, what works and what doesn't. A search, using the Google Search box at the top of my forum page will yield that information for you.

http://www.stromtrooper.com/794413-post4.html

Black Lab Adventures
No,no, no.

This isn't simply a high mileage kind of posting. Any one can change the oil and do PM and rack up the miles!

That was actually a quote from a friend of mine about his weestrom when I questioned his riding, um...."style". He said that no one would ever want that particular bike but him. He would never be able to sell it so he planned on riding it into the ground.

YOUR bike is exactly what I'm talking about. Ridden hard, well maintained, crashed, burned, resurrected and loved. THOSE are the ones that I am interested in seeing and hearing about. They are the interesting bikes. The ones with character. The ones with soul.

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,520 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts