StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you have tried the anakee adventure on your Strom and how satisfied you are. Also I just got them installed yersterday and I found that on highway around 100km/h if in straight line there is no noise whatsoever, but as soon as I lean to turn even a little bit they become very noisy ( the only other tire I ever try are the battlewing) so is the noise normal or the mechanic messed something up while installing?
Thank

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
There is a long thread on advrider about them. General consensus is they are average. Many report noise. I have Anakee 3 on now and many complain about them being loud, which I do not understand since everything about riding is loud and I wear foam ear plugs.

I have a set of Adventures ready to go on my bike, but have 1 more front A3 to mount and wear out first. Personally, I love the looks of the Adventure and have high hopes for good tread wear. The front could use a little more tread depth on the adventure so I expect the fronts will wear quicker than the rears, just like the A3s.

·
Premium Member
4,147 Posts
Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you have tried the anakee adventure on your Strom and how satisfied you are. Also I just got them installed yersterday and I found that on highway around 100km/h if in straight line there is no noise whatsoever, but as soon as I lean to turn even a little bit they become very noisy ( the only other tire I ever try are the battlewing) so is the noise normal or the mechanic messed something up while installing?
Thank
I have about 3200 miles on my Anakee Adventures and have noticed that exact same thing. I can't say I noticed it at first but now it is quite noticeable and I wear earplugs. My tire pressures are 38 psi front and 39 psi rear. Might be a tad high for the front and a tad low for the rear. I haven't put a lot of dirt/gravel miles on them but liked them on what I have done. They felt planted and in control. And better than my old Battlewings on dirt/gravel. Will hopefully get a lot more miles in with them this fall, if they last.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have about 600 miles on mine. Noticed the noise on turning when installed but it has gotten much better since then.
My anakee 3 tires that these replaced were loud in any position from the moment they were put on until they were removed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts