StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only place I could find teh front tires was at motorcycle closeouts.
Everywhere else it's listed as unavailable.
Rears are still there - not discounted tho...
Anyone know what's going on?

·
Registered
648 Posts
They're still available on eBay from several vendors, a bit more expensive than the last time I ordered. Just bought one a minute ago. Maybe the retailers are having supply issues?

I sure hope they're not being discontinued, in my opinion the A3 is the best street tire you can buy for the strom.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I had Battlewings and needed a new rear tire a couple of weeks ago. I was told that they were not available so I put an Anakee 3 on the rear and planned to buy a matching front in a few thousand miles. I seems like a reasonable bet that someone at Michelin learned about my plan and decided to discontinue the tires to throw a wrench in my scheme.

·
Administrator
17,003 Posts
I had Battlewings and needed a new rear tire a couple of weeks ago. I was told that they were not available so I put an Anakee 3 on the rear and planned to buy a matching front in a few thousand miles. I seems like a reasonable bet that someone at Michelin learned about my plan and decided to discontinue the tires to throw a wrench in my scheme.
Battlewing has been replaced with the A40, and I understand it is even better.

·
Premium Member
4,375 Posts
Battlewing has been replaced with the A40, and I understand it is even better.
I keep hearing that, and I suppose it will eventually come true. But fortunately, so far the Battlewings have been readily available from numerous vendors on-line. RevZilla, Rocky Mountain ATV (Jake Wilson), American Motorcycle Tire, Bike Bandit, and Summit Racing to name a few.

Bridgestone lists the A40 as "Adventure" and the Battlewings as "On/Off". The A40s seem to run several bucks higher than the Battlwings too.

The Anakee 3s seem to be available on-line too.

YMMV

·
Registered
7,437 Posts
Call Michelin and ask them:
1-800-346-4098
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM EST (M-F)

Michelin North America, Inc.
Two Wheel Department

1 - 9 of 9 Posts