1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Another bike another forum...
Hello to all the 650 owners.
Went to purchase a 1000 Strom or a burgman 650 and rode
home on a 650 wee. (Finally went for head over heart on a bike purchase).
Happy as a pig in .... , having owned a number of Suzuki motorbikes over the years it is good to be back.
450 kgs of Kawasaki Voyager 1700 was just a little over the top for collecting the Sunday paper.
Anyway hopefully I have correctly attached some images for 2012 wee owners who would like to add some bling. (or is it the F word).
All the items are from SW-Motech except for the givi topbox (ebay) and the B&B bashplate (nothing better than B&B ???).
Look forward to learning and teaching.
Yes, the tank bag doesn't look good, restricted in the steering.
The smaller day pack is better.
FYI probably $1000 oz dollars for an Arrow pipe delivered from Italy.
PS (I promise not to mention what type of oil should be used).
VEE02

Attachments

·
Registered
868 Posts
Welcome to the mad house

Looks like Santa came early congrats enjoy.:mod2_scooter:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hey really like those pictures :)

if you get a chance one from the front showing how much the sw moto bars stick out (or not) would be appreciated.

Also thinking about doing away with a heavy sport touring bike and moving to the lighter Wee. Have a deposit on one. Just want something that's more of an "all rounder" than "specifically" built.

Very nice looking bike. I'm in the states but will be trying to get white plastic from Canada or re painting. The white looks awesome :)

·
Registered
600 Posts
Great first post - a new 2012. Welcome aboard. Please consider posting a ride review when you get a little more time in.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SW-Motech Crash Bars (2012 wee).

A couple of shots of the SW-Motech crash bars from the front.
Should take the impact from a fall OK. At least before it hits that...painfully
expensive plastic.
Installation was simple and smooth.
VEE02

Attachments

·
Registered
532 Posts
Welcome, there is a wealth of info on this site. enjoy the new bike on those roads the cruisers and sports bikes turn around at.

·
Registered
201 Posts
expensive plastic.
VEE02
thank you. Wow! do those look durable or what! great choice, that's what I'll go with too. love the white :)

·
Registered
231 Posts
enjoy the ride looks good santa was good to u welcome to the clan

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
To protect the plastic

expensive plastic.
VEE02
To protect the plastic you need to add Bark busters. They make the bars further out and thus will protect the plastic which will otherwise contact the ground. Or you choose to keep the rubber side down, well I try to ( mostly)

Safe riding and MERRY CHRISTMAS

Saturn 5

·
Registered
201 Posts
To protect the plastic you need to add Bark busters. They make the bars further out and thus will protect the plastic which will otherwise contact the ground. Or you choose to keep the rubber side down, well I try to ( mostly)

Saturn 5
Glad you mention that, newbie to dl650's and that's great info for us.

Happy Holidays to Everyone.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts

Saturn 5
Barkbusters (tested) and probably other similar handguards won't work on the 2012 DL 650's.

The support bars will hit the console at full lock. (And not just a gentle glancing blow either).

Pete

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I don't have any experience on the new 2012 Strom. I'm a little surprised that they (B.Bs) make contact with the console. Are you sure you have been given the correct attachments for the main curved bar? On the now older models, B.B.s are essential to protect the plastics. Crash bars alone won't do the job. It would be very disappointing if the plastics can't be protected. If you can't get around this contacting of the console, keep your eyes peeled as someone somewhere will produce an attachment that will miss the console.

Merry Christmas to you and all Strommers
Saturn 5....

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
I noticed the Barkbusters at Twistedthrottle.com for the L2 Glee-Strom are listed as being specially modified to fit.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
You are both a font and a gem G.W.

Merry Christmas to you and yours. Wishing you good health and safe journeys in 2012.

Saturn 5

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
I don't have any experience on the new 2012 Strom. I'm a little surprised that they (B.Bs) make contact with the console. Are you sure you have been given the correct attachments for the main curved bar? On the now older models, B.B.s are essential to protect the plastics. Crash bars alone won't do the job. It would be very disappointing if the plastics can't be protected. If you can't get around this contacting of the console, keep your eyes peeled as someone somewhere will produce an attachment that will miss the console.

Merry Christmas to you and all Strommers
Saturn 5....
Yup. Tested at the dealer when I picked up the bike. These were the 'generic' model.

Planned to move as much as possible from the old bike to the new but I'm fed up with plastic welding the Suzuki guards - so I arranged to pick up a set of barkbusters with the bike.

We tested and fiddled but that support bar is just too far forward. You MIGHT do it with bar backs or simillar, but stock, no.

It obviously can be done, there is the room - just - but the support bar would have to tuck right in beyond the levers.

FWIW. The list of farkles that do and don't work K6->K12 so far is on VSRI.

Pete

1 - 17 of 17 Posts