StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There are those within the biking community that have that something extra. They are riders, technicians for the machine, and help anyone with a smile and a handshake. These are the people who don't do it for money, fame or need. They simply love riding and helping others to enjoy it as much as they do.
Big B thankyou for being an ambasador for the world of motorcycles. I had a great time with you, Steve and Kyle. Thanks for teaching me something new and helping get my bike running better. Thanks to Kyle for lunch and the short ride we had. I hope the new gear works well.:)
I always remark at the great people I meet who have motorcycles as a passion. I now count the three of you amungst them.:D

my balance before:

my balance after:

really noticed a power diffrence on the way home at 4000rpm+, much smoother acceleration and better low rpm cruising.:mrgreen:

·
Administrator
17,094 Posts
Thanks for the VERY kind words Luke, I really enjoy getting together with people of same interests. Everyone that I have met through this forum, has been nothing but a great experience.

I cannot take most the credit for how well today went, Firedog45 "Steve" is a magician in the garage, and did as much work as me "or more". He and I are going to check my valves soon, and I can't think of a better person to work with. The Ohio Boyz be kickin it in the Buckeye state.

Brian

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
When was this, and where was my invite?!

:D

BTW, B, how hard was it to make that TBS measuring tool deal? Methinks I need one.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BTW, B, how hard was it to make that TBS measuring tool deal? Methinks I need one.
You mean a slack tube manometer? Should be available at auto mechanic stores. For the real do it yourselfer you can get tubing at a hardware store secure it to a board so that there are no kinks in a "U" shape. Fill the tube with water and hook each end to the vacume ports. Compare the height of the water columns between the TB's. Be warned the vacume is pretty high so that you'll want several feet of tubing on the board. I think 1 inch of mercury is like 14" of water? So if your TB's are off by 3 inches you'd need over three feet of tubing above the static level of the water. Mercury is the better choice but harder for the avg Joe to get. Plus water will be incredibly accurate because of the big diffrence!:-D Maybe there is another heavy cooling fluid available that will decrease the need for a big column height?

·
Administrator
17,094 Posts
When was this, and where was my invite?!

:D

I figured you were keeping the skies safe!! By the way....where the heck is Handyhiker?

My manometer isn't homemade, it is the the lower model Motionpro carb synch tool. The upgrade is in a tough platic case, where mine is a bit more fragile. It works just as good, and costs about half the price.

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
You can also use transmission fluid, if you are worried about sucking anything into the engine. Staple your tubes, to a yard stick, and you've got a nice way of balancing :)

Sounds like you guys are having great time in Ohio!

Eric

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I figured you were keeping the skies safe!! By the way....where the heck is Handyhiker?

My manometer isn't homemade, it is the the lower model Motionpro carb synch tool. The upgrade is in a tough platic case, where mine is a bit more fragile. It works just as good, and costs about half the price.
No clue. He seems to have disappeared for the time being.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts