StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Note I searched and didn't see this mentioned Forgive if a repeat)

SO ... as an afterthought late this evening I decided to get some sparkplugs for the 650 since I have the tank off for other things. I stopped by the local autoparts chain O'Reily's cuz it was on the way and thought maybe they have MC sparkplugs too -or it might match some cars out there. Naturally the computer doesn't have Cycles so the guy pulled out the manual. Long story short - took him some time (or maybe he's new):headbang: and he got me some. I get home and start thinking, I need to double check these plugs I got, so I hopped up on the net to cross reference. I had received BPR5EIX NGK Iridium Plugs:headbang:
The proper(NGK IRIDIUM) plug is CR8EIX - more cross checking ensues trying to see how he had matched it up/ Specification checks- totally wrong plug- 3 heat ranges off and thread count is wrong- glad I didn't blindly try it:hurray:.
So for giggles:biggrinjester: I looked to see what the correct plug fits in an auto -I find this:

NGK - cr8eix
Automotive Fitting:
Vehicle Displacement Engine VIN
FERRARI F355 BERLINETTA (1996) 3.5LV8
FERRARI F355 BERLINETTA (1995) 3.5LV8
FERRARI F355 BERLINETTA (1994) 3.5LV8 :auto:

Who says the DL650 ain't a performance vehicle???? Hehe
Info pulled from sparkplug.com

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
:

NGK - cr8eix
Automotive Fitting:
Sweet I might not have the car but hey at least I can run the same plugs.

·
Registered
166 Posts
So for giggles:biggrinjester: I looked to see what the correct plug fits in an auto -I find this:

NGK - cr8eix
Automotive Fitting:

Who says the DL650 ain't a performance vehicle???? Hehe
Info pulled from sparkplug.com
Cool find. Are you sure you didn't get it from sparkplugs.com though??? haha

Seems like the plug he pulled is used on a LOT more different vehicles, so he probably just wanted to get you out of there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts