StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seen a small add in this months RoadRUNNER Magazine talking about this product. I did some internet searches (and even used the custom google search tool here on this site). Seems like a good product. I like it because MANY of the gas stations I use in Virginia/West Virginia have 10% ethanol. I don't really want to start another 'ethanol debate' but reather just get some thoughts on this product and if any fellow Stromers out there have used it.

-----------

AMSOIL Quickshot SE Awarded Best New Powersports Product by SEMA Judges

AMSOIL Quickshot SE Fuel Additive has been granted the Best New Powersports Product award for 2011 at the SEMA Show at the Las Vegas Convention Center. This year, over 2,000 new products were submitted for consideration of this distinctive honor in various categories. In determining the winners, judges looked for superiority of innovation, technical achievement, quality, consumer appeal and marketability.

AMSOIL Quickshot SE is a premium fuel additive formulated to clean and restore optimal performance in small engine and powersports equipment fuel systems. It acts as a fuel stabilizer between uses and short-term storage and helps prevent damaging corrosion. Its revolutionary formulation focuses on three major fuel-related issues common in small engine equipment: ethanol, water and dirty gasoline.

AMSOIL Quickshot SE is designed to keep water dispersed throughout the fuel tank, moving it out and decreasing the chance of ethanol separating from the gasoline. Moisture finding its way into gas tanks through condensation is dispersed in tiny molecules and safely moved out of the tank through the combustion chamber. The lack of additives in today’s gasoline can cause fuel system gumming and varnish, creating deposits on critical components. AMSOIL Quickshot SE cleans hard to remove deposits on pistons, spark plugs, injectors, carburetors and other combustion chamber parts to maintain peak operating power.

AMSOIL Quickshot SE is recommended for use in all two-and four-stroke gasoline powered engines including motorcycles, snowmobiles, personal watercraft, boats, ATV’s, edgers, tillers, mowers, snow blowers, chain saws, generators and farm and construction equipment.

AMSOIL has been the recognized leader in synthetic lubrication since 1972. For more information about AMSOIL synthetic motor oils and performance products contact your nearest AMSOIL distributor, or call AMSOIL at (715) 392-7101 or 1-800-777-8491. AMSOIL INC., AMSOIL Building, Superior, WI 54880.

HIGH REZ IMAGE AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST

News Contact:
Ed Newman
Director of Advertising
AMSOIL INC.
[email protected]
715-392-7101

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Never heard of it, but thanks for bringing it to my attention.
Mike

·
Administrator
17,252 Posts
Scamsoil..........:frown:

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
my 2 cents worth

As you can see not everyone likes AMSOIL or our president.
I've used AMSOIL in everything I've owned since the mid 1980's. I've always been very happy with all their oils and never had a oil related problem.
Amsoil had / has a fuel addtive that I didn't care for, I felt it did nothing to help performance, mileage ect, seems like it was called PC-1 or something like that. Perhaps the new stuff is better.
There's lots of products out there that claim to help with todays fuel problems. It's a crap shoot.
I just used SEAFOAM (spray and fuel addtive as per directions on can) in my P/U, WOW!! What a difference, great stuff!!
Give us a report on the new AMSOIL fuel additive if you try it.
Good luck

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I'm currently using the Startron additive, but if the Amsoil is comparable priced and accessible I would pick it up.
Mike

·
Premium Member
2,994 Posts
AMSOIL = re-badged MMO (Marvel Mystery Oil)........:biggrinjester:
Just kidding........I know nothing about Amsoil, except what I read here (and other forums). It's good schtuff on one page, waste of $$$ on another......depends if it's an even or odd day of the month!!

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Amsoil is good marketing (arguably)... the product is not any better than anything else... Yet somehow, they get "you" (not me) to pay more for their stuff...:fineprint:

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Quickshot SE looks like a solution in search of a problem.

Generally I think Amsoil makes excellent products, but I don't like their hype nor their price. IF (big if) you have a problem this product can cure, the treat cost is 72¢ per gallon of gas (plus shipping & handling). That's a lot. Startron seems to do a very similar job at about 6¢ treat cost per gallon of gas. (Check my math...always.)

Is ethanol in gasoline a problem, except maybe for very old rubber parts or for long storage? I haven't seen it.

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,522 Posts
Is ethanol in gasoline a problem, except maybe for very old rubber parts or for long storage? I haven't seen it.
Yes, in piston type aircraft engines.

Here is a quote from a 2008 AOPA article:

Ethanol-blended fuel could not only reduce an aircraft’s range and performance, but it also deteriorates seals in aircraft engines, harms fuel bladders and hoses, and attracts water, which promotes rust that can damage cylinders and pistons. It can even lead to problems in electric fuel pumps and cause inaccurate indications on fuel gauges, according to studies by the FAA.

Here is a link to a fairly recent article focused on the Jabiru aircraft engine.

Jabiru rescinds approval for ethanol-blended fuel in its aircraft | General Aviation News

1 - 10 of 10 Posts