StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The manual says that when changing oil that 2.7 litres is required, but on the engine case it says 2300mL. When I changed the oil (well drained with filter change) 2.3 litres wasn't enough, ended up with 2.5 litres being enough to bring it up to the "Full" line.....any ideas?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
2.7 with a filter change or 2.3 without a filter change.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
I know it says 2700ml with filter but after adding that much and running it for a bit, I have to add about another 200ml to bring it up to the full mark. I'm using a 1 litre measuring cup to do the measuring so I'm hoping it's just that I'm not getting "all" of the oil I measure into the bike, because it doesn't make sense otherwise.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just finished doing my first oil change on the strom. I was a little confused about the sight glass. The way I understand it, and more experienced STroopers can correct me, the sight glass will show differently depending how your bike is standing. For instance, on the side stand no oil shows in the glass even with the correct amount of oil in the bike. On the center stand, the entire sight glass will be full before the correct amount is in the bike because the bike is leaning forward. Check the bike with both tires on the ground and have the bike vertical. The oil should show at the F line.
Also, the bike has to be off when checking the oil - that got me for a second too. Live and learn.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts