StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm in the market for a cheap way to mount a set of ammo cans to my Wee. Someone has offered a Jesse rack to me for a good price.

I realize the Jesse rack is specifically designed for cases that are L shaped, but I was thinking I may be able to get a friend of mine to add an extension to the bottom part of the ammo can that could serve as a tool tube.

Am I getting my point across?

Would this be necessary to make the racks work? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Updated with some actual illustrations. Hopefully you guys can get my point? :headbang:

·
Registered
89 Posts
That looks like it would be awfully heavy, not only for the bike but for you to take off/put on with any regularity. Plus, the available space inside would be...awkward.

What about a brace or two to bridge the gap between the lower rack and the boxes?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They're about 20lbs each as is. The entire Jesse setup is about 40lbs, I've been told. I'm estimating this to weigh in around 60 total. I know the extra metal will add a little weight, but a lot of people already use ammo cans and the small addition can't be more than 5lbs. I've lost that much weight since last week LOL.

My eventual goal is to actually have the complete Jesse setup. Just can't swing it right now and I just have the ammo cans sitting around.

When I get the racks and mounting pucks I'll be able to see more clearly if some kind of brace is practical. Over at ADV some guys have suggested carriage bolts running through a metal sleeve. I'm not sure that will work but would seem to be awkward looking.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

1 - 4 of 4 Posts