StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to install 20mm ammo cans on givi my Givi racks for those times when the E21's cant quite pack everything I need on longer trips. Anyone have photos of how they managed to do it? Thanks for the help.

·
$tromTrooper
1,741 Posts
Suppose I am going to piss some folks off.....but what is the deal with cheap ass ammo cans on a Strom????? They look absolutely horrible. Even a guy up in Boulder has been try to sell his (spotless) Strom with Ammo cans for a couple of months and can't get a bite....because, it looks cheap and crappy.

Heck...a strom isn't a Willys Jeep.

Ammo cans belong on a 10 year old KRL.....not a Strom...as fine a machine as it is.

Sorry, just had to rant!!!!......:bom_sad:

·
Registered
40 Posts
:iagree: with what jnoflane2 said . . .

I've had a hard time understanding ammo cans and a few other tacky luggage farkles also. To each his own I guess.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I will say this without sounding like a prick myself. As stated before, I currently have Givi E-21s mounted on the bike for around town/short trips. I am currently on active duty (12 years) and as some of you know, we don’t make a lot of money. I'm usually on the road for work 8 months a year, so whatever extra money I have in my pocket, I like to spend on my wife and child when I'm home. Seeing that commercial boxes like trax run in the $500-$700 range, I feel like that money would be better spent on family. Unlike the original person who replied, I didn’t buy a Strom because I thought it was "too pretty" to latch ammo can's on, I bought it because it was a cheap, good all around bike. I really don’t care if someone else thinks it looks good or not, I want something that serves a purpose. If I wanted a pretty bike that I was more worried about looks, I would have purchased a HD or a BMW. So if anyone else would like to help out with advice, I would be appreciative.

·
Registered
409 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Scott and Smoke, just the kind of info I was looking for

·
Registered
409 Posts
Looking to install 20mm ammo cans on givi my Givi racks for those times when the E21's cant quite pack everything I need on longer trips. Anyone have photos of how they managed to do it? Thanks for the help.
I found another link for you Hank, this is the one that I remember seeing that I hoped to turn you to.

http://www.stromtrooper.com/showthread.php?t=22212

Good luck with the project.

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
Suppose I am going to piss some folks off.....but what is the deal with cheap ass ammo cans on a Strom????? They look absolutely horrible. Even a guy up in Boulder has been try to sell his (spotless) Strom with Ammo cans for a couple of months and can't get a bite....because, it looks cheap and crappy.

Heck...a strom isn't a Willys Jeep.

Ammo cans belong on a 10 year old KRL.....not a Strom...as fine a machine as it is.

Sorry, just had to rant!!!!......:bom_sad:
Yes.. wouldn't want to ugly up a V-Strom by putting ammo cans on it. :rolleyes: Cheap, water tight, indestructable.. who'd want that.

He should get some of those ugly round plastic POS's that break when they hit the ground instead.

sorry just had to rant... :mrgreen::var_39:

PS.... I'm stuck at work on New Years eve.. so i might be bored and cranky... Take no offense... ;):mrgreen::var_39:

·
Registered
984 Posts
Heh, heh

No offense taken. I'm sitting here with the flu and everytime I get up to move around I get so dizzy I stumble and have to hold onto the wall or something. I like the ammo can idea, myself. Done right they don't look too bad at all. IMHO.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Whoa!

Just had an idea. Mabey its the dizziness. What would look really cool is a 'Strom done up in flat OD green to resemble an old WWII HD WLA with ammo can panniers and a Thompson in the scabard on the right front fork. Yeah, now we're talkin'!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Well I will say this without sounding like a prick myself. As stated before, I currently have Givi E-21s mounted on the bike for around town/short trips. I am currently on active duty (12 years) and as some of you know, we don’t make a lot of money. I'm usually on the road for work 8 months a year, so whatever extra money I have in my pocket, I like to spend on my wife and child when I'm home. Seeing that commercial boxes like trax run in the $500-$700 range, I feel like that money would be better spent on family. Unlike the original person who replied, I didn’t buy a Strom because I thought it was "too pretty" to latch ammo can's on, I bought it because it was a cheap, good all around bike. I really don’t care if someone else thinks it looks good or not, I want something that serves a purpose. If I wanted a pretty bike that I was more worried about looks, I would have purchased a HD or a BMW. So if anyone else would like to help out with advice, I would be appreciative.
Ha ha ha, Amen bro. Yes, there are plenty of twats on here. The ONLY downsides to ammo cans is weight and lockability, both of which not crucial or fixable for most of us. I've got the same questions myself. Well said anyway!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ammo boxes done yet?

Hey pavemike, that's cool that you are going to put the ammo boxes on the wee. I've considered that myself, how did that work out for ya? I didn't buy my 1000 for a bling bike either, I ride it as hard as my DRZ400 but faster! I'll try and post pics when I'm done also . . . Take care and thanks for serving.

·
Registered
204 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts