StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought Givi E36's and have been disappointed in their durability. I mean you just look at them and they get scratched up. I've owned them for a month and since they are wider than the handlebars I scratched them on day 1 squeezing through a tight space. Then when I dropped the bike it pretty much hammered the left side bag. So I have been thinking about alternatives when I take the Wee into the bush Understanding of course that I would have to make mounts for them for my current racks I'm liking the idea of a couple of steel ammo cans. These are cheap, durable, water proof, and expendable at $20-$30 or less a pop. Downside is that they are probably heavy. Anyone tried to make these into side bags or something similar? Checkout this surplus site, there are a lot of cans available http://www.colemans.com/ammocan.htm

I guess I'd really like to get to the point that when I drop the bike it's not a disaster, like a decent dirt bike, drops are expected and tolerable when off road.

Thanks for your ideas.

Bill in Denver

·
Registered
172 Posts
I've not seen anyone mount ammo cans but I have seen a few folks do write-ups on Mermite cans. They're government surplus food storage cans.

Head on over to ADVRider.com and search.

C

·
0 Posts
ammo boxes

I saw either here or over on adv.rider a picture of a wee with ammo casses for the rear boxes....

greg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts