StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I read the manual more times than I want to admit and I still don't understand how to change from Celsius to Fahrenheit. I push in the button for 2 seconds like it says but nothing changes. Once it awhile on its own it will switch and the next time I start the bike it will go back to Celsius. Weird but if someone can help with this Kudos to you. 2012 650

·
Registered
327 Posts
Toggle the switch on the back of the left instrument cluster until it shows the MPG for either of the two counters. Once there, press and hold the reset button on the front of the dash and it will change between Imperial gallons and standard gallons. Celsius readings are associated with Imperial gallons and Fahrenheit readings are associated with standard gallons.

Ask me how I figured this out... :)

·
Administrator
13,731 Posts
Celsius readings are associated with Imperial gallons and Fahrenheit readings are associated with standard gallons.

Ask me how I figured this out... :)
I thought it was Celcius readings are associated with Standard gallons and Fahrenheit readings are associated with US gallons? :)

..Tom

·
Registered
15,501 Posts
I wish I could change mine. Then I could pretend I was really going fast while I was still safe!
And, even better I could ride at what looks like fast and still be cold in Death Valley on a hot day!
Perceptions are everything.

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Turn on ignition
Toggle the switch on left handlebar until the counter reads MPG.
Hold in the button on the instrument cluster until it changes. (the temp will change with it) Degrees Fahrenheit is paired with MPH.
Hit the starter button and go for a ride.:yesnod:

·
Registered
865 Posts
Turn on ignition
Toggle the switch on left handlebar until the counter reads MPG.
Hold in the button on the instrument cluster until it changes. (the temp will change with it) Degrees Fahrenheit is paired with MPH.
Hit the starter button and go for a ride.:yesnod:
I've got degrees Celsius with MPH so there's something else needed.

·
Administrator
13,731 Posts
I've got degrees Celsius with MPH so there's something else needed.
I believe you need to have the MPG display reading US MPG as well but am not able to check on my bike right now.

..Tom

1 - 11 of 11 Posts