StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any replacement amber turn signal lenses for the DL1000's, and I like the look of ambers lenses over the clear ones.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Some of the Gixxes folks swap the amber for clear because they hate the amber. I'll try to remember to look this afternoon and see if they are interchangeable.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some of the Gixxes folks swap the amber for clear because they hate the amber. I'll try to remember to look this afternoon and see if they are interchangeable.
Thanks, and let me know what you find out.

I found some on eBay from China for $9.09 a pair shipped.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Turn-Signal-Blinker-Lens-For-Suzuki-GSX-S-1000-1000F-750-GSR750-DL1000-V-Strom/131897655296?var=431240413728&_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIM.MBE&ao=2&asc=41375&meid=db8049023b7b479db1dedb3eca4ac130&pid=100623&rk=2&rkt=6&sd=131897655296&_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I removed the amber bulb from one of the turn signals and the pins are offset from the centerline of the bulb, and I have some clear single filament
12v/21w bulbs with centered pins and they won't fit.

I went to O'Reilly's auto parts and they didn't have any with offset pins, and the guy there said he's seen them but can't remember where. I did a Google search and found bulbs with offset pins but they were amber color, and I need clear bulbs for the amber lenses.

So does anyone know where to get a 12v/21w single filament clear turn signal bulb with offset pins?

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
If I remember right the offset was done purposely to keep you from putting clear bulbs in. Filing a pin off on the clear bulb can make it work.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
The lenses are basically interchangeable from the 2016 GSX-S1000F, and probably a bunch of other bikes. I don't know if you can see in the picture, but the clear lens has two little tabs on it and the amber has one. If you were putting clear in place of amber you would have to cut off the extra tab, but the amber should be a direct replacement for the clear. There are two types, mirror images of each other.

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If I remember right the offset was done purposely to keep you from putting clear bulbs in. Filing a pin off on the clear bulb can make it work.

Thanks, and I ran across a post from a forum today that mentioned doing just that. So I just filed off one of the pins on a clear bulb I had and it locked up tight with just one pin, and I can't feel any difference in tightness between the stock dual pin bulb. :wink2:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
The lenses are basically interchangeable from the 2016 GSX-S1000F, and probably a bunch of other bikes. I don't know if you can see in the picture, but the clear lens has two little tabs on it and the amber has one. If you were putting clear in place of amber you would have to cut off the extra tab, but the amber should be a direct replacement for the clear. There are two types, mirror images of each other.
Thanks.

I just ordered two pairs of the amber lenses that I found today on eBay for $18.18 shipped.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
2012+ Strom 650s have amber lenses.

I traded a guy my clear for his amber. As noted, the bulbs have a slightly different orientation of the pins; I also traded bulbs with him and I just took a bastard file and swiped it hard against one pin, which ground right off like it was made from cheese. The bulbs will work fine being retained by just the one pin.

Total cost, $0

Looks much better IMO...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts