StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All
I was wondering if anyone had any recent purchases for a current Gen [or even non current gen] Vstrom that will not break the bank. I just got a 2019 base model Wee in red, and have a few thousand to pay off left to pay bike off before i can invest in GOOD addons like crash bars, under guard, hand guards etc.
I was wondering if anyone had any success in getting el cheapo budget crash bars, engine guards or any cool addons for the Vstrom?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I would like to remove the word and reference to 'Knockoff' as i am not interested in someone stealing other companies work and copying it. I mainly am looking for INEXPENSIVE Farkles . Sorry in advance. i used the wrong word and do not know how to edit it out.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I am fond of GIVI so I would consider Givi TN3101 Engine Guards Suzuki V-Strom DL650 2012-2019...also you cant go wrong with products from:

https://www.adventuretech.biz
Mirror extenders
Side stand pad
Peg lowering

Twisted throttle has a nice selection of farkles.
They have a nice selection of stuff you may not know you needed yet.
My first Farkle was givi crash bars...well top box from dealer....then
My second was Oxford heated grips.
When my controller sticker got sun faded Oxford was great to send me a replacement.

Eastern Beaver for electronic stuff like headlight relays, fuse blocks etc.

Happy hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
504 Posts
Buy anything Givi direct from Italy for the best price. Motostorm.it or carpimoto.it out of Genua. Both reputable vendors, I have used the latter. Shipping will be a flat rate of some 30 bucks or so to the US so if you plan ahead and get several things at once it’s an even better deal.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Cool add-on? A cellphone holder with integrated usb charger, all metal with rubber ends in "X" for ~30$ canadian.
I love it.

I bought a dual motorcycle horn by hella for cheap also.

Of course, amazon.com has way better selection (often cheaper too) than amazon.ca, but i have no idea where you're from.

·
Vendor
5,266 Posts
+2 Adventuretech, :)

When we started we were responding to complaints of overpricing (e.g., $159 fork braces, $60 mirror extenders) and just plain absences of solutions (e.g., tight bend at the knee causing discomfort, need for longer gear shifts).

I think you'll find our stuff to be of very high quality, but priced as if this were a passion, instead of corporation. And you might be suprised at how long you can look at different stuff for a V-Strom on our site.

·
Registered
325 Posts
+1 on Adventuretech and the for sale section on this site.

I purchased some stuff through Adventuretech (peg reloctors, kickstand foot, driving light kit) and am happy with them. Well designed and at a fair price. I also purchased a very gently used seat and a repair manual from the for sale section on this site for alot less than new.

Speaking of gently used, you also may consider Ebay, offerup.com & CL. Vstrom specific items may be a little more challenging to find, but you may find good deals on universal fit items such as top cases and such.

Adding farkles is part of the fun of having a bike. Enjoy your new ride!

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
I've bought two Adventure tech items and like them a lot as good values that are high in quality. (peg lowering, fork brace). Also bought the helmet hook and like it. Being in Canada shipping is an issue though, which makes things quite a bit more expensive sometimes. The Asian Amazon items are usually shipped for free. Still, no point ever buying low quality. The Amazon side stand farkle I bought did not clear the center stand nor have a decent way to mount it, so I have a couple of hours into it reshaping it and modifying the way it mounts..like it now.
Also, very pleased with the Eastern Beaver fuse panel (From Japan) and Tutoro chain oiler. (UK)

Reactions: vboost

·
Registered
71 Posts
I would also suggest you go on adventuretech's site and buy everything you like from there without any fear. Prices are low and quality is really high. I won't even mention communication, because Rich is a well known member in this community. A brief search in the forum and you will see his name on many posts helping fellow Stromers out. Of course, always check the "for sale" section here and other online auction sites for good used deals.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
I've had luck, so far, with $20 10W LED aux lights. I bought two pairs for backups/replacement.

Also put on $15 highway pegs from ebay.

But for crash bars, I would go with a reputable brand.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Definitely check out Adventuretech... I had excellent experience with their products. Recently installed the fender riser kit... great addon.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Any chance of a link to the KED aux lights?
Were they hard to install?

I've had luck, so far, with $20 10W LED aux lights. I bought two pairs for backups/replacement.

Also put on $15 highway pegs from ebay.

But for crash bars, I would go with a reputable brand.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Any chance of a link to the KED aux lights?
Were they hard to install?
I paid $24 for the pair for these:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B077BZ76GT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've seen the identical light with 10 different brands/sellers. For example here's the same lights:

https://www.amazon.ca/ECAHAYAKU-10W-wrangler-Motorcycle-Worklamp/dp/B0756BD16T/ref=sr_1_9?keywords=2+inch+10w+led+flood+light&qid=1557097480&s=automotive&sr=1-9

I mounted mine to the lower crash bars with industrial zip ties connected to the aux power connector via an Eastern Beaver connector, and also wired in a simple switch on the handlebars beside my low/high beam button.

The key is getting everything ready, itemizing your options, than planning a couple of hours to tinker to get it just the way you want it.

This solution is perfect to light up the sides/ditch on a dark country road. You'll blind oncoming traffic with them at night, so beware.

I leave them on during the day for extra visibility.

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
I had some less expensive LED driving lights on my bike. The lights worked well, but the mounts went to crap after only about a season and a half. Mount failed and the light was dangling by the wire during the annual week long ride. Good thing I used a solid water proof connector so it didn't bounce down the road and hit something. Also enabled me to unplug it and stow it away for the rest of the trip.

The cheap pot metal dovetail mount opened up and could not be repaired. When I got home I ordered the lights from adventure tech (which are bolted without that hokey pot metal dovetail). Been solid as a rock ever since. Pricier? Yes, but I won't have to worry about them failing out or falling off again. The adventure tech light on the left side of my bike has already taken 2 drops. Whereas the previous cheaper set failed having never taken a drop/hit.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks for the awesome info!

I paid $24 for the pair for these:

I've seen the identical light with 10 different brands/sellers. For example here's the same lights:

I mounted mine to the lower crash bars with industrial zip ties connected to the aux power connector via an Eastern Beaver connector, and also wired in a simple switch on the handlebars beside my low/high beam button.

The key is getting everything ready, itemizing your options, than planning a couple of hours to tinker to get it just the way you want it.

This solution is perfect to light up the sides/ditch on a dark country road. You'll blind oncoming traffic with them at night, so beware.

I leave them on during the day for extra visibility.

·
Premium Member
2,947 Posts
Tank Bag...........

Good, used quality magnetic Tank Bags can be had for reasonable prices on Ebay.........I have two Joe Rocket Manta's.......the Big Un, and the smaller one. Lots of tank bags for sale locally on CL..........look under Motorcycle Parts and Accessories.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
1 - 20 of 39 Posts