StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my madstat. I can't believe the diffrence, I set it the way Mark told me to, And i have no buffetting and the noise is down at least 70%. And I haven't even readjusted it yet[started to rain]. I can't wait to realy play with it, I'm 5.9 with a 30 inch inseam. I'd recommend it to anyone. Thanks Mark.
p.s. I was going up to an indicated 100 mph

Ijay.

·
Registered
176 Posts
What year and model did you install it on? I have been wondering if it would help out my 07 Dl650. When I get behind a truck, I feel like I am a meandering drunk.

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
What year and model did you install it on? I have been wondering if it would help out my 07 Dl650. When I get behind a truck, I feel like I am a meandering drunk.
Probably not. But raising the front forks in the triple-tree would, and it's free. And, if you don't like it you can put things back like they were.

I do have to agree that the Madstad bracket makes a world of difference. I didn't have a lot of buffeting problems, and changing helmets took care of most of them. With the Madstad and a good helmet I have zero problems up to 90 actual.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Order placed. Too bad I won't get it in time for a long jaunt later this week. I look forward to installing it later.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I got one for my 1000K6 GT, and for the money it's the best farkle that anyone could put on their bike, if you think that if you try only one after market screen (apporox GBP£80 ish) and even then it might not work for you, the £50 that the madstad costs is a steal when you consider all of the adjustability that it offers.:-D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Brasstax. Let me know how it works for you when you get it. Have a safe ride.

Ijay.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Installed my new Madstad bracket. Adjusted to the "default" settings. Took it for a spin. First impression - awesome. Works as billed. The ride is so much cleaner. I wish I had it on my last trip but I am planning another 1300 mile road trip in a few weeks. So, I will get to test it out thoroughly.

Great job Madstad. You are totally right - it's not the windscreen, it's the mount that makes the difference.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts