StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found something that seems strange to me and need you guys to check your V2s. The wires that connect to the clutch lever are exposed on mine, do yours have a boot over them or are they exposed and it's just the design. It just looks like a boot didn't get put on during assembly. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,291 Posts
Now that you mention it, I saw the same thing while installing my handguards. I figured Suzuki knew this and felt it was o.k. :confused:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Had to sneak my Barkbuster mounts by them. It has put a good bend in them but then again they are somewhat protected by the Storms.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do the handguards cover them? Maybe they figured everyone would install handguards. If not, it sure seems exposed. Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I found something that seems strange to me and need you guys to check your V2s. The wires that connect to the clutch lever are exposed on mine, do yours have a boot over them or are they exposed and it's just the design. It just looks like a boot didn't get put on during assembly. Thanks
Well for starters my clutch is hydraulic so it doesn't have any wires. It does have a couple hoses and the only ones that are "exposed" are steel lines. I don't see this as an issue. Maybe I'm not seeing the same thing you are?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Must be a low fluid warning light. Ya, not really a problem.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I see the wires you're talking about and yes they are exposed, i'm guessing it's for the starter circuit, if the clutch isn't pulled in, it won't start. Covered in plastic, I guess if problems arise it would be easy to short the wires together and fire up the bike...

·
Registered
32 Posts
ToadRides Barkbusters ??

Sorry, I hate to be the guy to change the subject but I have to ask ToadRide how he likes those Barkbusters and if they are simple to install??

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the replies. It is apparently the way it comes. It just looked odd to me, like it should have a boot over it. I just wanted to make sure, before I brought to the dealer and made an ass out of myself.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Do the handguards cover them? Maybe they figured everyone would install handguards. If not, it sure seems exposed. Thanks for looking.
I reckon your guess is correct. They assumed (or maybe planned to include as standard, rather than try charging $120+ for them) that the guards would be in place and the spade connections would be "out of sight and out of mind".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts