StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone tell me why when I make a new thread or respond to any current thread, it doesn't show up under the "New Posts" tab up top?

I just noticed this the other day.

thanks in advance

Nemi

btw, after making this tread I immediately check the "New Posts" tap and this one did NOT show up.

·
Registered
471 Posts
can anyone tell me why when I make a new thread or respond to any current thread, it doesn't show up under the "New Posts" tab up top?
Well "new posts" is really unread posts as far as most forum software is concerned, and since you just either created or replied to a thread the software rightly assumes that you have read it, therefore...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Like Merlin said. It's not a "new" post unless someone replies to you.
Even if you create a "new" post, that doesn't qualify as "new" to YOU. Since YOU created it. Forum's that use this software have been that way for as long as I can remember.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
hmm... this response, and the previous 3 still do not show up as New Posts. So even the replies aren't showing. Which suggest the forum isn't updating.

I have experiences where any created or responded to posts do show up under new. This is why it caught my attention. So far ANY thread I respond in will NOT show up under the NEW POSTS tab.... whether I created it or not. I'm betting the next replay to this thread will not show up either. This is why I think something is off??!!

You would think making a new thread would show up under New posts so everyone could see it. Otherwise members would only see if they happen to be in that specific thread.

Nemi

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,047 Posts
If your post is the last post in a thread, it won't show up as has been mentioned. Somebody else has to add a post before the thread will show up in new posts. If that isn't working, you need to clear your cookies. You can clear individual cookies if you'd rater by searching for the word "last" in your cookies and clearing the ones that show up for stromtrooper.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts