StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
13,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Is there a radio/mp3 that is designed for bikes? Something equivalent to the Zumo in the GPS world, designed to be waterproof, easy to operate, etc. but a radio/mp3 player?

If not designed for bikes, is there a decent radio/mp3 combo that is waterproof and easy to operate while riding (ie: change stations, etc.) How about just an AM/FM radio that will work as well as the ones in my cars but waterproof and fairly compact?

Thanks,

Tom

·
Administrator
13,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi vtom. Did you find a radio in the end
Wow talk about old threads! :)

I newer got one and stopped thinking about it. Just use my iPod for music. There was on unit in particular I liked but lots of bucks and in the end decided that it wasn't really worth it to me.

..Tom

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
I never listen to music when I ride - riding demands my attention, but I might be tempted on mult-day rides. On four wheels, I've always enjoyed tuning in to local radio stations to get some regional flavor. So, I would encourage folks to post any good recommendations for good, easy-to-use/tune mc radios.

·
Administrator
13,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I listen to music pretty much all the time. Keeps me focused and helps prevent my mind from wandering. This is especially true when playing playlists from my iPod as I am familiar with all the songs so they can completely disappear into the background.

If you are going to do a radio I think having a good antenna is important. Devices (like MP3 players) without proper antennas just don't work well away from urban areas (and can be iffy even in urban areas.)

..Tom

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
I agree with Tom, I listen to music all the time, mostly my playlists on my Iphone. I lane split through some really intense traffic twice a day and find I can stay much more focused when listening to music.

For longer trips, a little AM radio that I can bluetooth to my Sena would be awesome. I did some Googling and didn't come up with anything.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I find music makes me ride a little more on the edge..... so I stopped listening to it.... that edge is thin enough as it is...

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have the Sena SMH5-FM, it does not have AM but the FM receiver works great and my phone provides the MP3 player function along with GPS spoken directions and I can make or receive calls. Amazon has them for 120 bucks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
mc tunes

try cycle sounds rock box and amp. I just installed one on my 2011 v-strom. it's a little pricey but provided your careful to keep the covers on the jacks in inclement weather, these thing are bomb proof.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts