StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the looks of the squarish adv. type aluminum panniers, but also don't need a ton of space, since most of my trips are around a week or so and I know the high exhaust will probably reduce capacity even more. Plus, I usually carry a waterproof bag strapped to the back of the bike. My question is: Who makes a "reasonably" priced set of panniers, mounting brackets, etc.? I'd especially like to hear from anyone who's actually bought and used them, even though it may have been on an earlier V-1000. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Kirks Panniers

Kirks Panniers
I've got a set on my 04, I drilled them to use the GIVI racks. If you're slightly handy, they are the way to go. Since you are only buying the Cases, not the racks, you can drill them to work with just about any rack.

These are very similar to what I've got. They were $250 + shipping (no powdercoating)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88h7Jpgi-Aw

More photos of his stuff here.
KP-1 Panniers Photos by kirkster70 | Photobucket

·
Registered
449 Posts
Currently there are no racks available in the US for any bags for the 14 Vstrom 1000. Jesse Luggage is suppose to have theirs out soon. When I spoke with Givi USA they told me it would be 3-4 months before anything is available. SWmotech also said it will be late summer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I like the looks of the squarish adv. type aluminum panniers, but also don't need a ton of space, since most of my trips are around a week or so and I know the high exhaust will probably reduce capacity even more. Plus, I usually carry a waterproof bag strapped to the back of the bike. My question is: Who makes a "reasonably" priced set of panniers, mounting brackets, etc.? I'd especially like to hear from anyone who's actually bought and used them, even though it may have been on an earlier V-1000. Thanks in advance!
I just put on the Givi Trekker Outback on my 2014 - took the 48l version. They do offer a lot of space, so you might want to go for the 32l version. Biggest item - you do not lose any space due to the exhaust because they get mounted above them. Total width is 46" (the 32s should be around 42") and cost me 861€

·
Registered
152 Posts
This is the originel Givi rack (PL3105CAM) for the 2014 V-Strom 1000. Now available in Europe.

With the 48l panniers: Givi Outback

And 37l

And Topcase:

Peter

·
Registered
449 Posts
It seems odd to me that Givi has these available in Europe but yet Givi USA won't have them for 2-3 months.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Order then from a Euro company and have them shipped to the usa.
I use MotoStorm: Abbigliamento Moto e Accessori for LOTS of stuff. SIDI/Gaerne boots are 1/2 the price, even when you include shipping from Italy.

Get the part # from the GIVI EU website and plug it in @ Motostorm.it
I tried plugging in the part number and it came up w/nothing found

·
Registered
9 Posts
so I went on Givi.eu and found the cases, mounts, etc. and plugged them in to motostorm.it and no results. I then manually scrolled through 320 items for the cases and mounts, and nothing found. Can someone post links possibly. I am ready to buy and have shipped from Italy. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
449 Posts
so I went on Givi.eu and found the cases, mounts, etc. and plugged them in to motostorm.it and no results. I then manually scrolled through 320 items for the cases and mounts, and nothing found. Can someone post links possibly. I am ready to buy and have shipped from Italy. Thanks for any help.
I did the exact same thing ?

·
Registered
133 Posts
They look pretty wide. I was hoping the lower pipe would allow a tighter mount for bags above the pipe. Apparently not enough room.

·
Registered
240 Posts
keys...

Make sure you do NOT loose the keys to these boxes. You cannot get them replaced in the U.S. because they are a weird thin european key. So, make sure you do not loose your extra key or you will have to buy the complete key/lock set.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Why not buy the mounting brackets from Europe, then buy the panniers here in the States? They all have the same mounts right?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I went with the Moose Expedition (medium size) bags. The look really well made and the mounting brackets are very substantial. Also ordered a center stand. Now, need a skid plate.

1 - 20 of 178 Posts