StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I have a 2011 Wee, with the aluminum panniers. Suzuki's sale on the aluminum top box ($200!) made me pull the trigger. Now my question: what about mounting plates for 2011 bikes?

I've seen the recent mod done for the 2012 mounting plate. My question is simple: was there a pre-2012 aluminum box mounting plate, and if so is there a part number?

If not, I guess I will brave mounting this myself. Or, since it's being delivered to the dealer (free shipping), maybe having them do it. :)

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
With a 1/2" thick plastic cutting board a means to saw it up and a few fasteners you can make a very nice adapter.

Not familiar with hot eh Pre 2012's are but I made one for my 2012 then eventually made one from aluminum plate. I sold the bike and don't have any pics of either plate.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Look for JRos's earlier thread on this forum. I remember he posted pictures of modified plate from Suzuki's kit to fit first gen bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,868 Posts
The JC Whitney boxes came with a couple pieces of 6" u-channel stock and a bunch of bolts to hold the mounting plate. Makes it a universal mount that allows the box to snap into place.
The factory box should come with a similar set up.
Using a military surplus box, I bolted it directly to the factory bag mounting frame.
Depends on whether you want to have a removable box or not.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I might have a problem, anyway.

Suzuki Canada is selling the '12 box for $200 so I got it - it includes all hardware.

My used 2011 came with the plastic luggage - meaning I might not have the right plate in the first place - it's specific to the damned Givi-style box. Urgh.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts