StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Altrider's skid plate is on backorder. From what I can tell, they've only tested the crashbars with one other skidplate with the Wee - I think it's the adventure motostuff - which I personally don't like.

Does anyone know of other skidplates that will mount to the Altrider crash bars?
Will the SWMotech skid plate work?

Thanks.

PS. I spoke to the company today. Seems kinda weak to not know which plates will work with your crash bars...don't you think?

·
Welfare Funder
375 Posts
Altrider's skid plate is on backorder. From what I can tell, they've only tested the crashbars with one other skidplate with the Wee - I think it's the adventure motostuff - which I personally don't like.

Does anyone know of other skidplates that will mount to the Altrider crash bars?
Will the SWMotech skid plate work?

Thanks.

PS. I spoke to the company today. Seems kinda weak to not know which plates will work with your crash bars...don't you think?
I agree. I called them with some questions and was less than impressed with the customer service. Too bad because their products look like nice.

To me, customer service is as important as the product.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
It's pretty tough to know if your product will work with somebody else's unless you've had a chance to try it. They would need somebody with an SW-M skid plate to bring it in to check.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi Guyver,

I have just fitted Yann's skidplate to my Altrider crashbars, see thread here:

http://www.stromtrooper.com/australia-new-zealand/62767-i-couldnt-wait-any-longer.html

Feel free to ask any questions, i am very happy with the combination, but as you will see in the thread, i needed to modify one of the skidplate brackets, if i did not upgrade the mounting hardware from Yann, i think the standard clamps would have been an easy fit.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. I think I'll go with the Altrider bars and modify a skid plate myself.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I got CherDan's skid plate, very happy with it, however I do not do anything but light dirt and gravel roads. have Altrider crash bars and like them alot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts