StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking this one might serve my riding style pretty well.

It's especially appealing in that the bike's lower case bolts are not used as mounting points, unlike the SW-Motech.
Givi has a new and seemingly impressive one in manufacturing, but I can't get anything on when it hits the streets.

A few extra minutes to change oil and filter, but I'll take that trade off.
Anyone have Altrider's version on a '12 yet?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
I'm thinking this one might serve my riding style pretty well.

A few extra minutes to change oil and filter, but I'll take that trade off.
Anyone have Altrider's version on a '12 yet?

Thanks
I do. Along with a set of altrider crash bars.

There is actually a lot of room to remove the oil filter.
I double up a sheet of aluminum foil and formed the edges to have a bit of strength and formed the bottom end through the hole in the plate that the oil drains through.

When done, I wadded it up and pitched it...:frown:

It is well made.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Self Destruction

Do not buy! This skid plate failed in ~2,000 miles of nothing more than interstate commuting. A few weeks after installing this item I head a buzzing at 5,500 RPM. Upon inspection I found a cracked weld on the skid plate. I removed the skid plate for repair and found the left side mounting tab had cracked all the way across and was no longer attached to the cross member; this structural failure likely led to the cracked weld. For the price, this skid plate should be bulletproof. This occurred in the weeks prior to a recent trip I went on, due to latency in response of customer service I had to come up with my own modifications/repairs. They eventually did respond that I could submit the failed product for replacement however I have more faith in my own repairs and I have hassled enough with this product.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts