Strom Trooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have also thought of it but it looks like it may be more thank I can do on my strom

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have also thought of it but it looks like it may be more thank I can do on my strom
I was wondering that too and asked if it would be better to bring the DRZ, but they were pretty helpful and said there are going to be groups for different routes based on bikes and experience. Said the vstrom would be fine. Shopping hand guards now.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Given the dates of the Hoh event, I'll bet the conflict is with the Hood To Coast relay.

Bronco...if you make it to the last two legs before sunrise (not likely if you are a runner), I'll be out there doing the sunset the sunrise motorcycle patrol.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Is that the Ragnar?
nope :mrgreen:

Given the dates of the Hoh event, I'll bet the conflict is with the Hood To Coast relay.

Bronco...if you make it to the last two legs before sunrise (not likely if you are a runner), I'll be out there doing the sunset the sunrise motorcycle patrol.
You got it! It's the HTC relay...one of my bucket list items...

I'll keep my eye out for you, i'm runner #3, so i have legs 3, 15, and 27
At this point I'm not sure when i'm supposed to be running :yikes:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sweet, I'm really looking forward to it. I have hand guards in the mail since I'm taking the PSSOR course and don't want any broken levers.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Opting to take the DRZ400S now and wear out the last bit of the rear tire. Found a set of Wolfman racks and Expedition saddlebags to haul gear in. Fluids are all changed and the chain clean and lubed. Going to mess with the suspension settings now as I have not adjusted them from the previous owner yet.

·
Registered
774 Posts
It is probably wise to take the smaller bike. We toured around the entire Oly Peninsula last weekend on our DRs. We had the right machines for our mostly dirt trip.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hoh rainforest ride

I know I am late on this but I found the Hoh rainforest ride somewhere else and signed up. It was a great experience and I enjoyed it immensely. The route was very easy but still enjoyable. I met some real nice folks and got a few contacts but still no one to ride with in the south sound area. Hope jto get into some more rides. I just got my WBDR map and have some planning to do. More later, and look for a post "ride partners" for contact info if you would like to do some off road riding in the south sound.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
I know I am late on this but I found the Hoh rainforest ride somewhere else and signed up. It was a great experience and I enjoyed it immensely. The route was very easy but still enjoyable. I met some real nice folks and got a few contacts but still no one to ride with in the south sound area. Hope jto get into some more rides. I just got my WBDR map and have some planning to do. More later, and look for a post "ride partners" for contact info if you would like to do some off road riding in the south sound.

Did the WABDR a few months ago with 2 Vstroms.Make sure you get a GOOD skid plate and crash bars !!.

·
Registered
10 Posts
yep, done and done. I think I am pretty set. I don't have hard cases but everything else is set. See you out there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts