StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any alternatives? Have you rigged something up that works? $67 seems a little steep for foam rubber

·
Registered
615 Posts
Another consideration is the cozy front to back room for passenger and rider on V-Stroms. Seating is fairly tight that way. The Givi pads stick out over an inch. If I were to use a backrest I'd move the top box back at least that far.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the amotostuff adjustable mount. The reason I'm looking for a pad is the wife says her back wacks into the case when we go over bumps. Even with the back armor it's still a problem for her.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bump bump bump. Anyone?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't buy a backrest. Get the pillion a jacket with a built-in back protector and you have a built-in back rest PLUS extra room.
If you read my post a couple posts up you would have seen that she already has a jacket with back armor in it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
More room, different mount plate

amotostuff has a different mount plate for the GIVI that can mount up to 2" further back than the SWMOTECH, Expensive way to get 2"....but most girls would agree an extra 2" is worth the effort

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dude,

I have the amotostuff adjustable mount.
and my question was are there different backrests from the Givi one?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Backrest

Dude, only read your first post..all the dealers of the GIVI I talked to about mounting it on the strom STRONGLY recommended against getting the pad as the case was too close to the rider. They said it would wack the crud out of the riders back. A couple suggested the adjustable mount as a way to make the rider more comfortable WITHOUT the pad, You sound clever, If you want to do it without spending a bunch of money and feeling bad as it makes your riders comfort worse...AND you don't mind drilling holes in your expensive case, try a couple of thin foam pads..I think if you've the movable mount, and if you've not already moved it as far back as possible, try that. There are no other commercial pads that I've found made for the GIVI at any price.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts