StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas on an alternative to the one piece? I am looking for something to commute to work in, easy on, easy off, and comfy.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I wear a First Gear Killi jacket and HT pants. The pants work well as they have full length zippers. easy on/off.

I also have an Olympia one piece that I wear when it's REALLY cold. It's kind of a pain but it's warm.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually, I want a one piece suit, just don't want to shell out 800.00 for something that won't fit first time around. I have the darian jacket and HT pants, but its a hassel to get on and off in the parking lot, as I can not get through the security check with it all on.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hell, go to Walmart, and get a one piece thermal snow suit. Ugly as hell, just like our Vstroms' but looks don't matter when yer freezing yer "lil' bibby" at 20 degrees @ 70mph.......

....dont'cha know ;)

Kindest regards,

-Will

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That was easy, got the phantom one piece, grey.

·
Registered
22,313 Posts
Actually, I want a one piece suit, just don't want to shell out 800.00 for something that won't fit first time around. I have the darian jacket and HT pants, but its a hassel to get on and off in the parking lot, as I can not get through the security check with it all on.
I have a Roadcrafter 1 piece, they only cost $700 when I got mine 10 years ago, cost per mile, they are worth it, I also have !ST Gear Kilmanjaro & HT pants and have been on rides with plenty of peeps that have someof the alternatives like the Olympia product.

None of them are as quick & convenient on & off over street cloths

the only drawback to the Roadcrafter is that they are known to leak in the crotch

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
174 Posts
I own both a Roadcrafter one piece and a Darian jacket and pants. The one piece is convenient only for long all day rides when I do not need to remove often. For me the Darien combination is more convenient for all short trips with varying temps and needs.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Olympia Phantom suit leaks in the sleeve vent area. encountered light to moderate rain for 100 or so miles. 50 miles into it, I felt the water and it was dripping from the cuffs when i stopped for gas. I had gautlet gloves on and all zipps where tight and velcro storm flaps closed. I rechecked them this morning, so potential buyers take note!.

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
Olympia Phantom suit leaks in the sleeve vent area. encountered light to moderate rain for 100 or so miles. 50 miles into it, I felt the water and it was dripping from the cuffs when i stopped for gas. I had gautlet gloves on and all zipps where tight and velcro storm flaps closed. I rechecked them this morning, so potential buyers take note!.
I have one and it has not leaked at all. YMMV, apparently.

I like the hi-viz, the venting, and the liner.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts