StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just for fun, I've been searching for any and all options for a decent capacity top box for work commuting and occasional short trips. I am not opposed to permanently attaching it to the Strom's rack, as I see no need for removal and portability. Currently, all I have is a tank bag. I've poured over the luggage threads here over and over.

I came across this site, loaded with waterproof case options:

http://www.caseclub.com/?source=overture&OVRAW=hard case&OVKEY=hard cases&OVMTC=standard

The closest thing to ideal for me is a Pelican 1610, but it is too wide, at overall outside dimensions of 24.75"L x 19.44"W x 11.94"D. I need the 11.94" depth because I want my full-face helmet to fit. All of the slightly smaller Pelicans don't have enough depth for the helmet. I also need to have adequate room for the Misses on the back, and be able to mount a backrest on the case. The only way I can see making this big case work, and still have my tail lights visible from close behind, is to put a forward tilt on it of maybe 20 degrees or so, which shouldn't look too goofy [Then again, some say the Strom IS a goofy-looking bike, but I digress...:rolleyes:] It will hang off the rear a good bit. I can get the 1610 for $170, shipped.

Has anyone else tried to adapt the Pelican 1610 to the Strom? Furthermore, has anyone found any other manufacturers of water-proof or -resistant cases that weren't quite so wide, but offered the depth for a helmet? My goal is a clean, functional install for less than $200. I'd like to stay away from JCWhitney or Bestem, if possible, and don't currently feel wealthy enough for GIVI or Hepco Becker.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
259 Posts
top cases

Try a givi monokey with a universal base, I have a small one and a large one, color black, I paid 150.00 for the large one, and 110.00 for the small one, even the small one takes a helmet. I think I bought it from twisted throttle???? or sport touring accessories, will look and post link. Kieth

1 - 4 of 4 Posts