StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a thread about the Aprilia cool mirrors. Looked in this thread and couldn't find it. :confused:

Anyone have a link or some other ideers? The stockers are OK but look like brick walls.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Bar ends seem to be the new hot setup!!.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
It seems the left mirror mount for 2012 changed to a left hand thread. The mirrors at Replacement mirrors, low cost & that work well? won't work.

Update: The left hand thread is on the top part of the mount. The base of the mount still has a right hand thread so the same replacement mirrors will still work.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Mine wasn't a L/H thread? I did buy a set of Aprilia Tuono mirrors : eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices form a dealer on E-Bay, mounted them on extensions/risers but you'll need about a 1/2" spacer-or- get a set of risers from Richland Rick's Adventure Tech for the 650. The L/H side is lower than the right because of a cable activated clutch. The 1000's are both the same height. Either way you can see past your shoulders, and takes some of the roughness out of the air. Cheers--BB

·
38,104 Posts
Geez. I guess we're back to not knowing for sure. I sure wish I had mine. This second hand info is driving me crazy.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I can only tell you about mine, being a machinist for 30 years, lefty loosey, righty tighty, worked on mine? Now the stock mirror (collets) must be locktited, I couldn't get them loose, ended up backing the bolts out of the clutch and brake lever, angled the whole bracket back, and took them off that way. I even bought 2 stainless steel socket head cap screws, m10 X 1.25 x 25mm long to install the risers, both were standard R/H threads. Cheers--BB

·
38,104 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Why they locktite the mirrors is beyond me. I installed a set of Ricks peg lowering kit, and the two bolts holding the freak'in pegs on the frame brackets WERE NOT TIGHT??!! Go figure-Cheers--BB

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yup regular threads to the mounts but to adjust the front to back angle of the mirror arm you have to loosen the top collar under the rubber boot by turning it clockwise as if you were trying to tighten it. Make sense? Not really but that is how it is. My mirrors work well for me without any wideners. Same both sides..

·
Registered
297 Posts
I put a set of Aprilia Tuono mirrors on my Wee just over a month ago. In total it came to about 52.00, and they are well worth it. I am 6"5' 220pds and I can now see behind me without having to adjust my body\seat position. Also in conjunction with the madstab bracket I have close to no buffering. It takes about ten minutes to get use to the more narrow mirrors but you will be happy with them.
Installation takes 5 minutes. Unscrew the stock mirrors and just screw the new mirrors in the same threads
The part numbers are : (one right and one left)

AP8104921
AP8104922

·
Registered
536 Posts
Why they locktite the mirrors is beyond me.
Just wait 'til you remove the front fender where RED thread lock is used on the two rear screws. It's a problem because there is a flat, threaded nut tucked inside that you can't see or get a wrench around. Quite the bitch.

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
I put a set of Aprilia Tuono mirrors on my Wee just over a month ago. In total it came to about 52.00, and they are well worth it. I am 6"5' 220pds and I can now see behind me without having to adjust my body\seat position. Also in conjunction with the madstab bracket I have close to no buffering. It takes about ten minutes to get use to the more narrow mirrors but you will be happy with them.
Installation takes 5 minutes. Unscrew the stock mirrors and just screw the new mirrors in the same threads
The part numbers are : (one right and one left)

AP8104921
AP8104922
I use the same..I see behind me very well and again no issues with buffering. Took them off my old bike and put them on the 2012. They are great.

·
Registered
297 Posts
D.T.,
The mirrors came to 52.00 because I had a local shop that ordered them so I had no shipping I just picked them up.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Bar ends seem to be the new hot setup!!.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
Tried the bar end mirrors. Good in town, lousy on the open road - problem is that you simply can't see very far behind - and I really like to be able to see those lights on the tops of some of the cars ;)

I sprang for a set of Doubletake mirrors for the K12.

Unusual, but very good, rear view is better than the stockers, adjustability is insanely good. There's a bit of wobbling when you hit bumps, but no vibration and the things are very very tough.

Pete

·
38,104 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts