StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm curious and throwing this out there- is it possible/cost effective to swap fairings on the '18 Vee?

I really like the white 1000, but that gray fairing is super bland and off-putting. I'd love to be able to have all-black fairings, like what is on the 1000XT.

This photo implies the fairings are dark, but really they're not, so it gives an idea of what I'm looking for: https://www.bobscycle.ca/2018-suzuki-v-strom-dl1000xt-abs-white.html

It would be similar to what the previous gen white 1000's got: https://apairofstroms.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/2014-04-12-10-30-44.jpg

Suggestions? Look for totaled XT's and take the fairings?

·
Registered
99 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Or you can do plasti dip...really easy. Simple and removable...or vinyl wrap. Either are low cost and can do the job. And can eve offer some alternative color than the one from suzuki.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
My old '14 was red. When I was bringing it in for a trade, one person was already waiting at the dealer to buy it. He was warned that the black fairing will be swapped between two bikes but he didn't care. I was assisting whole the process of swapping the fairing and after it's been done it was "WOW" from all the people in the shop at that moment. The '14 red one came out beautiful. That gray fairing with red letters looked on the bike like they were made just for it. The new owner told me "thank you" hundred times. He loved the look of the bike. Well, I liked the look too, a lot.
So, maybe someone you know with '14 red one would like to try and see?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Good discussion. I also want an all black standard model. It's good to know that the swap parts can be purchased, even though not cheap. It would be worth it to me. I'll be looming to trade my `12 wee over the winter.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Good painter can easily solve the problem. It was my 2nd option in case it didn't work well with the dealer. It's because original black fairing is painted. It is not just black plastic that came out of the mold like that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts