StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rode section 3 of the COBDR north to south, and did Engineer Pass east to west. I was the only ADV bike I saw the whole 2 days. Any other Troopers done this area before. Found it to be awesome riding, but felt like I was in someone else's playground.

·
Registered
48 Posts
You are correct that the riding there is amazing, unique and special. Living in the Denver area I have had the opportunity to ride there many times. The conditions on the passes change every year based on the winter snow pack, avalanches, and the various vehicles that share these trails. I always recommend spending time there on weekdays as the weekends can be very busy depending on the season. I have been lucky once when I only saw only a few vehicles total the entire day, and it felt like I had every mountain to myself.

·
Premium Member
1,925 Posts
I passed through CO. on the bike last spring. I plan to make a special trip just to CO and UT to do more exploring. So many places to ride. Might rent a dual sport and tackle some rougher stuff.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Second that about the "other vehicles" Slapshot. It was during the week, and the place was lousy with DS bikes (400 and under), those 4 wheel rock crawley things (want one) and Jeeps. Think the Strom was the only bike with more than one cylinder on the entire Loop.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts