StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well fellow canuck troops.....darn near time to put the Wee away. Yesterday (13 Nov) was almost +17, today barely cracking zero.

Long range doesnt look good, this coming Friday is calling for +3. So, if it isnt too windy or snowing, I hope to get in one last ride.

Time to start planning next years trips, farkles, etc. Nfld in June or July, West Coast and perhaps up to Alaska for August.....a few runs to Calgary, etc.

Just installed an SW centre stand today, piece of cake. Running out of bike goodies, may have to break down and get a GPS for my next toy.

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Resist putting it away as long as possible. I'm trying to beat my record from last year. January 3rd was the last day I rode to work.

Go for the GPS! I bought a Zumo this year....awesome!

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yikes, I woulda bin shoveling alot of snow to ride the Wee in January. However, I was able to go to the end of the street and back on Christmas Day.

;)

cheers

·
Registered
636 Posts
I don't pack it in until my street is covered with snow / ice. I do see doing any 600km days in the near future though.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
I don't pack it in until my street is covered with snow / ice.
Unfortunately my streets have been covered for a few weeks now. I did get in nearly 7 months of really fun riding this season though.
If I wait any longer to put the Wee away I will need a snowplow to get it from the carport to my workshop:???:

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Well fellow canuck troops.....darn near time to put the Wee away. Yesterday (13 Nov) was almost +17, today barely cracking zero.

Long range doesnt look good, this coming Friday is calling for +3. So, if it isnt too windy or snowing, I hope to get in one last ride.

Time to start planning next years trips, farkles, etc. Nfld in June or July, West Coast and perhaps up to Alaska for August.....a few runs to Calgary, etc.

Just installed an SW centre stand today, piece of cake. Running out of bike goodies, may have to break down and get a GPS for my next toy.

Cheers!
Move!!!

I have a Zumo and LOVE it.

·
Administrator
13,211 Posts
I didn't ride today as I may have to work until 8pm and they are talking about 15 cm of snow this eve up north. (In Heavy and The Sheppard's area) so I would likely get 10 cm or so. I have foudn through experience that the tires on my Strom suck in the snow so I too a car to work today.

Next week might be okay..

..Tom

·
Registered
636 Posts
????....huh?....You drunk again?
Hah, my mistake.

I DON'T see doing any 600km days in the future, I do have 4 tallboys of Heineken in the fridge along with 4L of milk and a bottle of vodka and kaluha in the freezer.

I do see getting drunk in the future, quite possibly Friday night.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hopefully I'll hit Belfountain one last time this Sunday afternoon. Great coffee and a fun road. Even more so since all the cagers and OPP dudes have vacated the area. Anyone free? :)

Patt

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hopefully I'll hit Belfountain one last time this Sunday afternoon. Great coffee and a fun road. Even more so since all the cagers and OPP dudes have vacated the area. Anyone free? :)

Patt
Hey, maybe we should make it two weekends in a row Pattman. I hope to ride Sat./Sun. afternoon.

Pattman and I met in the Belfountain parking lot coincidently last Saturday.

There were two other V-Stroms there at that time as well. I spoke to the one rider but he had borrowed the bike and was not on this board. I did not get a chance to speak to the other rider. It looked like a new charcoal grey 650.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
19 November, still riding, but not going very far from home base.

Also rode my 74 GT550 today as well, ran some fuel stabilizer thru her.

Cheers

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey, maybe we should make it two weekends in a row Pattman. I hope to ride Sat./Sun. afternoon.

Pattman and I met in the Belfountain parking lot coincidently last Saturday.

There were two other V-Stroms there at that time as well. I spoke to the one rider but he had borrowed the bike and was not on this board. I did not get a chance to speak to the other rider. It looked like a new charcoal grey 650.
We probably just missed each other. I was there on Sunday around 330pm-ish. Keep your eyes on the weather; if it's over 4c I'm there!

Patt

1 - 16 of 16 Posts